Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Coos Bay Rail Line receives $9.9 million federal grant

Date: 10/16/20 09:39
Coos Bay Rail Line receives $9.9 million federal grant
Author: CBRL

Good news for CBRL fans:

https://theworldlink.com/news/local/coos-bay-rail-line-receives-9-9-million-federal-grant/article_6dfe6f70-0a7b-11eb-9504-e7454aebc76e.html

Excerpt:
The current grant will generate funds that will be used to rehabilitate and replace ties and resurface track at various locations along the rail line. The project proposes to replace 67,000 crossties and resurface the main line, sidings, an industrial lead, rail yard and spur tracks with ballast along the 121 miles from Eugene to Coos Bay. Prior grants have been used to upgrade and improve bridge crossings, rehabilitate tunnels and improve speed and capacity for the rail line.

They will be harder to chase if a track upgrade allows them to go over 10 mph!

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 09:59 by CBRL.

Date: 10/16/20 10:46
Re: Coos Bay Rail Line receives $9.9 million federal grant
Author: P

A Bucket list item is to get my motorcar a bit more weather proof and run the line one day. For this midwestern boy, that area is absolutely beautiful.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/17/20 15:53
Re: Coos Bay Rail Line receives $9.9 million federal grant
Author: motorcar2

I ran my motorcar down there last weekend and it was very beautiufl. It was quite damp a couple different times. Make sure your wipers work and this time 
of year take a coat. It is well worth the cost. 

Bryan
Emmett, Id. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds