Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Fall Colors Around Lincoln, NE

Date: 10/17/20 07:23
More Fall Colors Around Lincoln, NE
Author: twjurgens

It's feeling a little more like fall in Husker land now.  The last few weeks have spoiled us with warmer than usual and sunny days.  Yesterday was a little cooler (high near 60 rather than 80) with on and off sunshine.....too inviting to pass up! 

The first shot is east of Greenwood, NE with BNSF 6378 and 6434 in charge of a westbound coal empty.

In the second shot, BNSF 5625, 4734, 974, and 1105 have a westbound tank train at West Waverly.  I was so excited about seeing the two heritage I painted engines that I didn't notice the hazmat number on the tanks but suspect that it was ethanol.  

BNSF 5476 and 8034 are moving a westbound grain load in the last shot.  The location is about a mile west of Greenwood.

Glad I was able to get out yesterday since the weather will be tanking tomorrow.  The weather guessers are saying a high in the 40's and rain possibly mixed with the "s" word in the morning.  Ugh!  

Date: 10/17/20 15:53
Re: More Fall Colors Around Lincoln, NE
Author: SCKP187

Nice effort and good catches.  #3 is real nice
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/18/20 09:58
Re: More Fall Colors Around Lincoln, NE
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!  Thanks for posting.

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds