Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > It Was Worth The Wait

Date: 11/21/20 06:40
It Was Worth The Wait
Author: CNW8531

It had been three years since I last shot CP's  IPSCO local (the B70 job) on the hill so I figured it was time again.  With this past week being my week off between chemo treatments, I finally had the energy level to get out and about and enjoy it.  Here's the job from yesterday coming down the hill with 57 cars out of the IPSCO plant south of Montpelier, Iowa.  The original crew hogged on their hours and a relief crew was sent out of Nahant to finish the work.  It seemed to take forever but it finally showed up and started down the hill for Nahant.  I liked the consist so it was worth the wait and the days effort involved.

Date: 11/21/20 07:09
Re: It Was Worth The Wait
Author: Milwaukee

That's great you were feeling better and could get out to enjoy this scene. That is a nice looking engine consist. Thanks for stalking that train and sharing your work product with us here.

Date: 11/21/20 07:11
Author: SP8595

Well worth the wait indeed!!!

Glad to see that business is good. Also Great that you are able to get out and fan:}

Date: 11/21/20 07:40
Author: King_Coal

Nice view that you wouldn't associate with Iowa!

Date: 11/21/20 08:41
Author: stanhunter

Is that a runaway derail in the first shot?

Date: 11/21/20 09:25
Author: rrartist

Nice set of images,well worth the wait and thank you for sharing!

Date: 11/21/20 12:56
Author: ble692

The signal appears to have 5 different lights. Any what they all are? Green, yellow, red, lunar, white?

Date: 11/21/20 13:24
Author: oyw

Perfectly executed my friend!

Date: 11/21/20 15:29
Author: ChrisCampi

One heck of a derail there! Best of luck with the chemo, they've come such a long way with that sort of treatment in the last twenty years.

Date: 11/21/20 18:05
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE catch!!

Larry

Date: 11/22/20 04:39
Author: MILW86A

Nicely done there Angus as always. 

MILW86A 

Date: 11/22/20 04:59
Author: texchief1

Those are a couple of nice shots!

RC Lundgren
Elign, TX

Date: 11/22/20 09:18
Author: xrds72

es, that is a derail in the first shot. The grade up to the plant is significant. I don't remember exactly but on 1.5% I believe. Contractor built it and we, as the receiving road, had to inspect and accept. 

Date: 11/22/20 09:32
Author: AndyBrown

ble692 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The signal appears to have 5 different lights. Any
> what they all are? Green, yellow, red, lunar,
> white?

Probably red, lunar, yellow, green, yellow.  Since that signal is both an absolute signal for its own interlocking plus the distant signal for the Montpelier crossover interlocking, it is probably cabaple of showing "approach diverging" which is the double yellow.  Info based on conjecture and observation of the other signals on that line.

Andy

Date: 11/22/20 11:22
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 11/22/20 17:09
Author: ns1000

NIICE..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds