Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Holiday break in Montana

Date: 01/02/21 19:02
Holiday break in Montana
Author: Roadrailer

After spending the Christmas week at home, the family headed east to my Parents place near St. Regis to enjoy a break. While traveling east I noted a lull in traffic which was confirmed overnight with very few trains rolling by.  Monday morning before daylight the Gas Local ran west at 0648. Around noon, my father and I headed to Missoula for an errand and noted the Gas Local rolling down the Evaro grade.  1-2) We intercepted them at De Smet. 3). As we continued past the airport we noted headlights of a WB but was NOT expecting this... Con’t

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/02/21 19:04
Re: Holiday break in Montana

4-5) Due to traffic I was only able to gab a couple snaps out the side windows. 6). Just shy of four-hours later and following a loaded coal, the 127 passed by the house.  Con’t

Date: 01/02/21 19:05

On Tuesday we hung around the property but took a stroll to Cold Creek, I got my newest photography tool out just as an EB came around the bend. 7-9) it was fitting that my first flight on the MRL was the Gas Local returning to Missoula after grabbing a loaded centerbeam from St Regis. However, being overly excited by catching a train and trying to follow it, I inadvertently found the only tall tree in its path. Luckily it was recovered with only a couple busted blades.  Con’t.

Date: 01/02/21 19:07

10-12) Later that afternoon, I noted a green signal at MP193.5 for an EB.  Moments later the MRL 127 ran LHF with six-Difco dumps loaded with mud and debris.  We would have stayed through Wednesday but watching the weather indicated a large winter storm was going to hit in the early morning so we packed up quickly and headed home, good thing too as Ritzville posted there was 4-5” of snow we would have had to drive through.  Thanks for watching,
Richard in Richland

Date: 01/02/21 19:40
Author: SCKP187

Nice chases and photos.  Really like the older geeps and the work trains.
Brian Stevens

Date: 01/02/21 20:12
Author: monaddave

My goodness, the trees are still growing back in the curves at MP 195. Glad you were able to put to good use your new photo taking platform.
Dave in Polson

Date: 01/02/21 21:12
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE and interesting Series! Liked the gas train video along with the 127 work train video. Glad you were able to see some action trackside on your break from Tri-Cities. That snow almost gone with the rain and wind.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds