Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > When your town hasn’t seen a train in a while......

Date: 01/12/21 15:22
When your town hasn’t seen a train in a while......
Author: zoohogger

You need to add a reminder. 
Syracuse Nebraska on the Lincoln to Nebraska City BNSF line has recently started running OMAX Coal trains to the power plant.
There were track vehicles out today, so no train was expected, But I noticed the extra sign at the crossings reminding the locals that the trains have started running again after years of nothingness.

Elmer might need to read this on his way home from the tavern.

Rick Z

Date: 01/12/21 16:24
Re: When your town hasn’t seen a train in a while......
Author: TonyJ

We saw the same thing here on SP's Siskiyou mainline. After several years of inactivity between Ashland, Oregon and Montague, California, new operator Central Oregon & Pacific reopened the segment and had similar notices posted at grade crossings.

Date: 01/12/21 17:00
Author: MM171

Reminds me of approx 20 years ago when BNSF was trying to starve out Dennis Washington and the MRL and started running trains north and south on their Laurel Sub via Great Falls, MT to avoid the MRL.  A significant amount of the RR crossings in the area were not gated with signals.  So BNSF came to town and covered my little town with posters warning that we were going to start seeing 20 trains a day on the Laurel Sub and be careful at the RR crossings.  BNSF built at least three 10,000 foot sidings along the sub and the flow of trains commenced...........for about 2 months.  Now it's sleepy once again.  But it was fun, while it lasted, watching the bottlenecks at those scattered sidings.  Crew vans must've worked overtime.

Date: 01/14/21 20:24
Author: Hookdragkick

Resume looking both ways.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds