Home Open Account Help 181 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > There's a star on board!

Date: 01/13/21 10:07
There's a star on board!
Author: santafe199

It’s late afternoon and I’m on a parallel country road chasing a routine grain empty up BNSF’s Strong City Sub. I’m barely ahead of the game, trying to find a place to shoot some inevitable glint from a very low sun. I hung a hard right and hit the gas, going as fast as I could on the dry dirt road. But my typical railfan effort came up short, and I had to bail out of the rig short of the crossing. I quickly composed & ‘gunned’ through a series of shots. As the lead unit was edging into the grove of trees on my left, the railfan gods decided to give me some glint anyhow. They say “patience is a virtue… “

1. BNSF 8593 leads a grain empty through the boonies north of Hope, KS on December 6, 2020.

2. In what would have been a throw-away shot I managed to get some of that sun glint, after all… ;^)

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/21 10:08 by santafe199.

Date: 01/13/21 11:50
Re: There's a star on board!
Author: texchief1

That is definitely a glint!  I like the first shot better.  I am a fan of the ACes.  Grain is about all that is shipped on the Strog City Sub, no?

Thanks, Lance.

RC Lundgren

Date: 01/13/21 16:08
Author: bearease

Yea, the glint is cool, but the first pic is definitely the best.
I also like that you had to bail early -- always loved the railroad xing profile shot.
Good post.

Date: 01/14/21 00:39
Author: highmiles1

Great pictures, Lance. Appreciated as always 

Thomas Kelso (J.T.'s son)

Date: 01/14/21 04:28
Author: crazybill

Very nice Lance!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds