Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > AZ: How's the Truxton flyover doing for traffic flow?

Date: 01/18/21 09:38
AZ: How's the Truxton flyover doing for traffic flow?
Author: Lackawanna484

Based on the speed of traffic past the Flagstaff railcam, it seems like the improvement must be making a difference.  Westbound trains seem to be charging up the hill , eastbound trains are moving right along.  It doesn't seem like amber signals for cross overs are in anyone's plans.

So, is this improvement making a difference?  Seems like it is

Thanks

Date: 01/18/21 12:44
Re: AZ: How's the Truxton flyover doing for traffic flow?
Author: goneon66

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Based on the speed of traffic past the Flagstaff
> railcam, it seems like the improvement must be
> making a difference.  Westbound trains seem to be
> charging up the hill , eastbound trains are moving
> right along.  It doesn't seem like amber signals
> for cross overs are in anyone's plans.

from my observations, w/b trains have been "charging up the hill" ever since i can remember in 1977.

other than changing tracks, it seems like the same old parade to me in flagstaff.

> So, is this improvement making a difference? 
> Seems like it is
>
> Thanks

i would think any improvement from the "truxton flyover" would be evident in and around the winslow terminal area where the left hand running used to end for w/b's and begin for e/b's.

i would like to hear what the current g.o.b.'s have to say about it................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/21 14:05 by goneon66.

Date: 01/18/21 12:48
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Listening to the RadioFeed usually on a Daily Routine, since the Fly-over there is less waiting for Crews to continue after thier Crew Change at Winslow..  Usually dispatch tells them they have to wait for 1 or 2 before going, not much of that anymore unless it is Amtrak they are waiting for.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 01/18/21 13:18
Author: Lackawanna484

Good info, thanks.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/18/21 15:18
Author: callum_out

Amtrak #3 has been a mess, the double crossover between Winslow and Flag has made some very late
times getting into Flag. Other than that traffic doesn't seem much different.

Out 

Date: 01/19/21 01:25
Author: Hookdragkick

I've heard it has added some time to EB trips. Amtrak also jams traffic up in Winslow and Bellemont.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/19/21 16:55
Author: zchcsse

Other than trains coming through Flagstaff predominantly left-handed now, there shouldn't be any other noticeable difference in train speeds/operations through town...it's roughly 150 miles between the new flyover and Flagstaff!   Trains work their way through town the same as they did before.

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds