Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Signal bridge at milepost 342.6 on BNSF Marceline Sub removed

Date: 01/18/21 19:26
Signal bridge at milepost 342.6 on BNSF Marceline Sub removed
Author: SantaFeCF7

The signal bridge at mile post 342.6 on the BNSF Marceline Sub was removed today. This was the one just outside Bucklin, Mo. Photo credit belongs to Sam Bailey, photo and information reposted with permission. 

To follow all things Marceline Sub, join the Marceline Sub Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/130252640666390

Date: 01/19/21 07:47
Re: Signal bridge at milepost 342.6 on BNSF Marceline Sub removed
Author: ntharalson

That would leave the structures at the East Marcelline distant and Hart as the only two left.  Thanks for the info.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 01/19/21 13:40
Author: SantaFeCF7

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would leave the structures at the East
> Marcelline distant and Hart as the only two
> left.  Thanks for the info.
>
> Nick Tharalson,
> Marion, IA

I knew there were not many left around the area. Sad to see them go. I have been meaning to drive up to Bucklin and get pictures of this one but kept forgetting to do it. Pretty sad since I live in Marceline. 

Date: 01/19/21 14:10
Author: Hookdragkick

I need measurements of that bridge.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/19/21 18:37
Author: ntharalson

Hookdragkick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need measurements of that bridge.
>

Think it's a pretty standard ATSF double track bridge. If you can find the standards for one, you'll probably have them.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/21 18:45 by ntharalson.

Date: 01/20/21 07:05
Author: TractiveEffort

While visiting my grandparents in Marceline each summer, I spent many hours standing at the (now-closed) Bisbee Street crossing, looking to the east at that signal bridge in hopes of seeing a westbound headlight or watching an eastbound knock it down.  Sorry to see it fall.  Here's a picture from a nicer day in May 2019.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds