Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railfanning with man's best friend

Date: 02/13/21 06:08
Railfanning with man's best friend
Author: CNW8531

1   My best friend and railfan companion, Sydney-Sue!  She's a shelter dog we rescued nearly two years ago as her elderly owner went into a care center.  She has really bonded with us and brightened up our lives and household since we got her.   She does think it's a crime though if the car backs out of the driveway without her in it!  She loves her rides.  Also, she never complains (like the wife's been known to do) when I stay out longer than planned in search of that "one last shot" for the day.   She's a great addition to our place.  We have two other rescue dogs as well but they're smaller and can't take the cold so they stayed home this trip.  The cold snap were currently in doesn't seem to bother Sydney one bit.  

2   Now for the trains of the day we caught.  There has been a lot of pool power through here on the CP lately.  More than usual I've noticed.  Mostly it's UP or BN, but today it's CSX and KCS, which is alright by me.  All these photos are from two days ago on the 11th.  The CSX leader is a southbound in the mid morning near Princeton, Iowa.

3   This is #374 with KCS power parked on the mainline at Camanche.  It's sat here for several days and would finally leave town later on this day around 8:00 pm.  I stalked this train for three days hoping it would finally leave in the daylight but no such luck.  Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.  Sydney got her car ride in for the day and that's what really matters!

Date: 02/13/21 06:15
Re: Railfanning with man's best friend
Author: SantaFe9820

That's one fine lookin pup!

Date: 02/13/21 08:18
Author: DynamicBrake

And Sidney-Sue says, "when's the next train Dad?"  Great looking dog.  What breed...a Healer maybe?  Thanks for sharing her.  Nice shots BTW.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 02/13/21 08:34
Author: tomstp

What is the lettering on the side of 4009?

Date: 02/13/21 09:21
Author: JasonCNW

Salute to Heros, it's honoring railroaders and essiantial workers, its in english on the conductors side.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 02/13/21 09:22
Author: tomstp

Thanks.

Date: 02/13/21 11:06
Author: phthithu

Good times. How about some more pictures of your puppy! 

Date: 02/13/21 11:14
Author: CPCoyote

A good dog makes everything better.

Date: 02/13/21 12:52
Author: CNW8531

DynamicBrake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Sidney-Sue says, "when's the next train
> Dad?"  Great looking dog.  What breed...a Healer
> maybe?  Thanks for sharing her.  Nice shots
> BTW.
>
> Kent in CArmel Valley

Sydney is an Australian Shepard mix and is just as lovable and gentle as she looks!  Thanks for looking!

Date: 02/13/21 12:54
Author: MILW86A

Excellent shots Angus. 

MILW86A 

Date: 02/13/21 17:43
Author: dawgrules

Dawg Rules !!!!  

Date: 02/13/21 18:10
Author: oyw

Anyone who's ever met you knows what a good dude and excellent photographer you are. I didn't think you could get any cooler but you just proved me wrong, great post Randy!

Date: 02/13/21 18:26
Author: grandroad

CNW8531, super post. Give Sidney a treat for me.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 02/13/21 20:50
Author: wa4umr

Great looking pup.  I used to take my Miniature Schnauzer with me when I was railfanning.  What a great companion while sitting there for an hour for the next train.  The only thing they want to do is eat, poop, and love on you.

John

Date: 02/14/21 07:15
Author: SP8595

Great series! Love your dog and Thanks so much for sharing the picture with us:} I never go railfanning without my dog!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds