Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Shoving Platform BN 12327 Caboose 14 Feb

Date: 02/15/21 06:42
BNSF Shoving Platform BN 12327 Caboose 14 Feb
Author: cozephyr

BNSF shoving platform BN 12327 caboose has been popular with the Denver are graffiti artists.  BN 12327 is assigned the D&I (D&I=Denver & Intermountain a trolley operation that quit in the 1950's).  The caboose was parked near Denver RTD's Utah Junction Flyover north of Denver, CO, 14 February 2021.

Date: 02/15/21 08:53
Re: BNSF Shoving Platform BN 12327 Caboose 14 Feb
Author: IC_2024

At least it's been reduced to being called a "shoving platform" since it no longer resembles anyting that proudly once carried the markers of a freight train.
It looks like another symbol of America's cities now-- full of stolen burned up cars, plywood covered windows and junk covering the ground as the homeless wander aimlessly around their trash piles-- pretty sad, indeed.

Date: 02/15/21 10:26
Author: rrpreservation

Great shot!!!

Thanks for sharing it.

Date: 02/15/21 11:43
Author: RRBMail

IC_2024 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At least it's been reduced to being called a
> "shoving platform" since it no longer resembles
> anyting that proudly once carried the markers of a
> freight train.
> It looks like another symbol of America's cities
> now-- full of stolen burned up cars, plywood
> covered windows and junk covering the ground as
> the homeless wander aimlessly around their trash
> piles-- pretty sad, indeed.

I could add so many other things that have gone down hill since I was a kid in the 1950s., including rail passenger service!  

Date: 02/16/21 18:00
Author: Texican65

Glad it’s still alive and not razor blades...but how disrespectful. I feel embarrassed for the little crummy, reduced to what it is now compared to what it once was.

An absolute shame to weld the doors and windows shut and call it a shoving platform. Absolutely worthless.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds