Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Boeing cut at Pueblo yesterday

Date: 02/22/21 11:23
A Boeing cut at Pueblo yesterday
Author: msns2557

Yesterday being the nice weather wise day it was here in Southern Colorado, I convinced ns2557, that we needed to get out and go to Pueblo and see what was around. After he got a heads up about the BNSF Q-ALTPTL6 20D was to make a pick-up in Pueblo and that pick was a cut of Boeing Fuselages, he didn't need to much convincing. So off we went. And yes here at the north end of the Pueblo Yard we indeed did find a cut of Aircraft, not in the sky but on the rails waiting for it's eventual pickup for movement farther north. Since the sun was not exactly in the right position for shots, I decided to convert the 1st 2 here into B&W. They turned out ok for me. But here are the shots we managed of this one.

In my first shot is the actual cut of Boeing fuselages in the yard. 1st one has no windows, which ns2557 says might make it a new one for the US Navy in the upgrading from the old P3 Orion to this new type. The other 3 all have windows on them. The cut was 11 cars total btw. These also are the first Boeing Cars I have seen or photographed. Kinda neat to see them like this before taking to the friendly skies.

My second shot is up farther north in the yard after the arrival of the Q-ALTPTL. That's the old Hump leads they are on. The SB Main or Main 1 is on the far right in shot with what's called the Hi-Line on the left. The train had 10 units total. 1st 5 sounded like they were on line and a few of the others did also.ns2557 said the most interesting unit was the 6th one back, that being BNSF 961. He told me that it was part of the original order of units that came from the factory in the new at the time BNSF Paint Scheme. It was also the 2nd unit of that order and was built in 8-1996 making it 25 years old. A survivor of sorts.

My last shot shows the train after making the pick-up and waiting to head north out of the yard. They, the crew were held here for quite a few hours. We left for home with in an hour after this shot about 1330 and it was still there at 1500. They got into town around 1000 or so. Not sure the hold up. For those interested the units from front to rear on this one were all BNSF, all GE. 3264-3887-6962-4687-3771-961-8175-5435-7294-5374.

Turned out to be a good day. We enjoyed our day out of the house. Sunny weather with highs near 60 today and abit cooler tomorrow, then 3-6 inches of snow for Wednesday and much cooler temps. Ahhhh Colorado weather.   Thanks all for looking. God bless all.  Kristie

Date: 02/22/21 11:29
Re: A Boeing cut at Pueblo yesterday
Author: MSE

Really nice pictures, thank you.

We Wichitans take pride when we see those enroute to Seattle. 

Date: 02/22/21 12:15
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice series of shots! Thanks for sharing....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 02/22/21 14:02
Author: PHall

MSE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really nice pictures, thank you.
>
> We Wichitans take pride when we see those enroute
> to Seattle. 

You guys do a much better job then the guys at Charleston does.
You guys don't leave tools and trash inside the fuselage.

Date: 02/22/21 18:37
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches.  Too bad the train was held for so long and you didn't get to watch it roll bye.
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/22/21 19:17
Author: EricSP

PHall Wrote:
> MSE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Really nice pictures, thank you.
> >
> > We Wichitans take pride when we see those
> enroute
> > to Seattle. 
>
> You guys do a much better job then the guys at
> Charleston does.
> You guys don't leave tools and trash inside the
> fuselage.

Some of the KC-46s had the same problem.

Date: 02/22/21 21:03
Author: PHall

EricSP Wrote:
> PHall Wrote:
> -----
> > MSE Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Really nice pictures, thank you.
> > >
> > > We Wichitans take pride when we see those
> > enroute
> > > to Seattle. 
> >
> > You guys do a much better job then the guys at
> > Charleston does.
> > You guys don't leave tools and trash inside the
> > fuselage.
>
> Some of the KC-46s had the same problem.

That and a number of other problems with the KC-46. Boeing will probably not make a profit on those aircraft.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds