Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Leftovers from last Saturday

Date: 02/26/21 21:27
Leftovers from last Saturday
Author: oyw

Last Saturday (Feb. 20) was a slow one, so slow that after a couple of trains I decided to go back home and start on a project I had originally planned to do later in the day. So, first a couple of shots from the slow morning.

1) Davis Ranch, near Pine Lodge, is a spot I’ve pretty much worn to death this winter. Trying to find a different angle of composition, BNSF 3726 is eastbound with the Amazon train just before 8AM this morning.

2) 15 minutes later over on the UP two different views of the IBRLC (“Brooklyn”), first of the power peeking through in the distance.

3) A more conventional look of UP 8960, I’m standing about a quarter of a mile north of Canyon siding.

Date: 02/26/21 21:30
Re: Leftovers from last Saturday
Author: oyw

My real reason for going back home so early was because I knew there was a UP westbound ISILB with a CN leader coming later in the day. So thanks to intel from friends, I finished my work and was back out before 1PM. Everybody and their granny was out for this train and even though I made to San Timoteo, there’s no need to duplicate the shots that have already been posted here. I knew the train would be taking the LA Sub because it had a set out at Mira Loma so I waited around Pedley for another shot. It turned out to be a long wait, more than 3 hours.

4) Finally at 4:50PM the long wait was over, CN 3214 came around the curve at Pedley making pretty good speed in the waning light.

5) I decided to try for another shot of the swiftly moving train. I caught it just before Mira Loma, nearly getting blocked out by parked autos on the siding. It seems boredom must have set in on the crew while waiting earlier, I had to chuckle at the red puppet-like creature now riding below the MU receptacle.

They changed crews after arriving Mira Loma but the sun was gone by then, none the less it was still a fun day. Thanks so much for looking.

OYW

Date: 02/26/21 23:26
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

Great shot of the IBRLC. Used to come thru here in the middle of the day. No idea when it comes now.

Adam

Date: 02/27/21 06:20
Author: CNW8531

Very fine shots with excellent use of lighting and composition!

Date: 02/27/21 06:37
Author: SP8595

Nice series!

Date: 02/27/21 09:33
Author: SPgoletablock

Cool shot of the I train.

Date: 02/27/21 09:58
Author: Midnight_Goat

Nice series, Bob.

Ryan

Date: 02/27/21 11:02
Author: PHall

Your puppet was on the pilot in the picture you took at Pedly too. 

Date: 02/27/21 13:27
Author: texchief1

All nice shots!  I like the first one  the best even though it is just cut off,

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 02/27/21 15:59
Author: TheNavigator

Nice perspective on #3.  I wonder who the puppetmaster is?
GK

Date: 02/27/21 18:58
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots and locations and good catch on the CN
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/01/21 16:08
Author: ns1000

My favorite is the last one!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2507 seconds