Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Monday Meet at Metz

Date: 04/05/21 14:47
Monday Meet at Metz
Author: BNSF-6432

Returning from a little day trip on Saturday, I stumbled onto some action on the Toyah sub. I headed for a spot with some elevation and noticed a westbound headlight waiting on the main at Metz. Once the eastbound was in the hole and the westbound was on its way, another westbound headlight was coming into view.

1) A lengthy eastbound intermodal rolls through the open land between Monahans and Odessa, TX.

2) The westbound freight holds the main at Metz waiting on the eastbound knocking down the approach.

3) A single GE assists midtrain heading downhill.

Date: 04/05/21 14:56
Re: Monday Meet at Metz

4) Three GE's lead a freight taking off uphill as the second westbound can barely be seen off in the distance.

5) The Z train running on the tail of the freight continues on towards Monahans and points west.

6) A wider view with I-20 to the right.

Date: 04/05/21 14:59

7&8) Following the eastbound towards Odessa,  I stopped for a couple DPU shots in Penwell, TX.

Taken 4/3/21
PQM

Date: 04/05/21 19:42
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots.  The last one is really cool.  I really do like the gentle rolling elevations.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/06/21 14:48
Author: tomstp

Just look at all those trucks on I-20.  Been like that for years and UP can only look at them.

Date: 04/08/21 05:20
Author: ns1000

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just look at all those trucks on I-20.  Been like
> that for years and UP can only look at them.

As I was reminded recently, not just I20......

Date: 04/09/21 06:04
Author: jmbreitigan

Thank you for some very good pictures. Some great locations. Love that intermodal coasting down that hill towards the other waiting train.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0503 seconds