Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > After Dinner in Hutchinson Kansas

Date: 04/05/21 19:42
After Dinner in Hutchinson Kansas
Author: tq-07fan

This Morning I woke up early to ride the four routes that consist Finney County's CitiLink Transit in Garden City. I then drove and rode the three routes of D-Tran, otherwise known as Dodge City Public Transit. After that is was to Hutchinson Kansas. After I checked into the hotel and ate I drove down nearby Lorraine Street to where the BNSF, former ATSF crosses the Union Pacific, formerly the Cotton Belt and of course the Rock Island before that. A headlight was already approaching in the far distance on the former CRIP.

Date: 04/05/21 19:43
Re: After Dinner in Hutchinson Kansas
Author: tq-07fan

After seeing the Union Pacific oil train I drove across the BNSF where a Westbound was now waiting to cross the diamond. I chose the north side of the track to get the other side of the elevators in the first pictures. Anyways, it was a quick and enjoyable desert in Hutchinson Kansas!

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Date: 04/05/21 19:57
Author: BobE

I played golf at Prairie Dunes there in Hutch.  Maybe 30 years ago.  A complete MF of a course. 

It's US Open quality, but I think the reason only the women play the Open there is there aren't enough hotel rooms if the men were to play there and attract the usual gallery.

BobE

Date: 04/05/21 20:28
Author: oyw

Looks like a fun time, thanks for posting!

Date: 04/06/21 04:50
Author: cabsignaldrop

Neat pictures, Jim.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/06/21 19:36
Author: texchief1

Nice photos!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 04/06/21 20:41
Author: sfbrkmn

Spent photo time there in east Hutch by the old Kelly mill during the Cotton Belt days. Good times from decades ago.

Date: 04/09/21 07:36
Author: SP8595

Like the first and second shot but the Grain elevators seem to be abandoned:{

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds