Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > You Have Time? I Have Slides! II

Date: 04/06/21 09:47
You Have Time? I Have Slides! II
Author: bbethmann

Wow...... didn't think there would be so much interest in my slide collection. I am out of town for a few days but will get back to each inquiry sometime over the weekend, 04/09-04/11.

Thanks all,

Bill Bethmann in Spokane

Posted from Android

Date: 04/06/21 11:20
Re: You Have Time? I Have Slides! II
Author: DevalDragon

It was very generous of you to offer. I just hope whoever gets them is nice enough to scan a few and share them with us. I'm sure you have quite a few gems in there!

Date: 04/06/21 13:00
Author: zaltwsp7

Sorry for not knowing this but what are slides? I may be interested depending on what they are.
Thank you.

Date: 04/06/21 13:25
Author: HotWater

zaltwsp7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for not knowing this but what are slides? I
> may be interested depending on what they are.
> Thank you.

Using various manufacturers of 35mm film, B&W or color, when processed, the end results are 24 or 36 "35mm slides" for use in various manufacturers projectors, i.e. "slide projectors", for projecting the image onto a white screen, in a darkened room.

Date: 04/06/21 22:31
Author: zaltwsp7

Thank you HotWater for the nice/clear explanation, I appreciate it! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/21 22:31 by zaltwsp7.

Date: 04/07/21 02:59
Author: howeld

Depending on the quality of the shot you could be giving away a nice little pile of cash. Slides still sell well on eBay for a few dollars each and if it’s a special train, location, or just a really good shot the sky is the limit. It may only be a few dollars each but if you have 100s of slides it adds up. If you want them to stay together then best bet is to donate to a reputable museum or similar group - but then they just sit in a storage room and no one sees them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds