Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Locked Out of Trains News Wire

Date: 04/08/21 08:59
Locked Out of Trains News Wire
Author: aehouse

Date: 04/08/21 10:00
Re: Locked Out of Trains News Wire
Author: callum_out

You're not locked out, it's simple, it's pay only now.

Out 

Date: 04/08/21 10:21
Author: radar

Content costs money to produce, and advertising just doesn't cover it.  All kinds of publications are struggling with the same problem, and quite a few have gone under.

Date: 04/08/21 10:28
Author: 1019X

I signed up for the free 30 day trial and have been using it. Yesterday morning I was able to access the system, then four hours later it said that it did not recognize my log-on information. I called Kalmbach's customer service and reported the problem. The lady said I was the fourth person to call her yesterday. She asked what browser I was using and I told her Chrome. She said she was going to report the problem to her supervisor and  that in the meantime I should try using Explorer instead. Well, I tried Explorer and it worked. I just now tried again to access using Chrome and got the same rejection. They need a system that will work with any browser.

Date: 04/08/21 11:02
Author: robj

Stuff doesn't work or not work well in a certain browser happens not that infrequently?  I use firefox and explorer as a backup.  Chrome on my laptop loads slow as I don't have the fastest internet. Something simple like a newswire should work on any browser but they can change their interface and perhaps a smaller company can't keep up.

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/21 11:02 by robj.

Date: 04/08/21 11:16
Author: jbwest

I'm having many of the same issues.  Suspect Train's effort to adapt to the digital world is a difficult and challenging struggle, but most of us presumably hope they will succeed.  Probably best to expect some hickups and temporary confusion.  And my inclination is to cut them some slack until they can get the kinks worked out.

JBWX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/21 11:18 by jbwest.

Date: 04/08/21 11:26
Author: jst3751

1019X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> They need a
> system that will work with any browser.

Please fill out a job application for them so that you can teach them all a thing or two.

Otherwise, wise up and be respectful. You probably have not the foggiest idea of what goes on behind the scenes. I can tell you this, it is immensely complex and ever changing.

Besides, what does this discussion have to do with Western Railroads?

Date: 04/08/21 12:05
Author: blindhog

Try changing your browser.  I had the same problem using Chrome, my default, but found that I had my normal access as an oridinary Trains subscriber using MS Edge.

Date: 04/08/21 12:26
Author: sums007

jst3751 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1019X Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > They need a
> > system that will work with any browser.
>
> Please fill out a job application for them so that
> you can teach them all a thing or two.
>
> Otherwise, wise up and be respectful. You probably
> have not the foggiest idea of what goes on behind
> the scenes. I can tell you this, it is immensely
> complex and ever changing.
>
> Besides, what does this discussion have to do with
> Western Railroads?

Well--I guess WE'VE been told.

Date: 04/08/21 13:45
Author: callum_out

Yah, join the crowd.

Out 

Date: 04/08/21 14:54
Author: mpe383

One of the reasons that I stopped subscribing to Trains (and later MRR) were the frequent gremlins in  their webpages.   For quite awhile, they hadn't updated their security settings and I would have to acknowledge the site registry was expired every time I went to the page.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0555 seconds