Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My take on the new Washington Eastern locomotives

Date: 04/08/21 10:05
My take on the new Washington Eastern locomotives
Author: Roadrailer

There have been previous discussion here regarding the *new* motive power arriving for the WER. On Monday they were spotted at Hauser Yard with the intensions they would be set out at Yardley (Spokane). Instead they ended up getting a tour of the Lakeside sub in Eatern Wa and arrived in Pasco early Tuesday morning. 
Upon wrapping up work for the day I headed out to the yard but saw no sign of them from the road or the air. I did spot a EB manifest departing and took a chance to intercept it. 

1) Not only did the mixed freight have the four ex CSX GE dash 8's but the consist included CP8806 and BNSF SD60M 1412. 
2-3) After crawling across Selph Landing road they stopped at Glade to meet the inbound Connel Turn (which I missed). They got the green and continued on their trip. 

A couple more if your still interested...

Date: 04/08/21 10:08
Re: My take on the new Washington Eastern locomotives
Author: Roadrailer

4) Going away shot at Glade

5) I decided to chance them to the next crossing at Sagemoor and grabb a video. 

Thanks for looking,
Richard in Richland

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/08/21 10:50
Author: wyeth

Roadrailer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There have been previous discussion here regarding
> the *new* motive power arriving for the WER. On
> Monday they were spotted at Hauser Yard with the
> intensions they would be set out at Yardley
> (Spokane). Instead they ended up getting a tour of
> the Lakeside sub in Eatern Wa and arrived in Pasco
> early Tuesday morning. 

From what I understand, those engines arrived at Hauser Yard on a 16,000 foot HNTWPAS train, where over half of it was set out.  Apparently, they didn't want to go through further delays setting out the WER engines after having to deal with such a huge train, so they sent them on down to Pasco with the rest of the head end power.

Date: 04/08/21 11:10
Author: Ritzville

Nice catch Richard! I missed them thru the backyard. I did catch the BNSF 1412 on a WB train.

Larry

Date: 04/08/21 12:15
Author: Gothic_Albany

Stupid question, but won't those GEs be too heavy for the rail? 

Date: 04/08/21 18:44
Author: SD45X

Well, they usually run about 391,000lbs and the SD40-2s were about the same. BN got theirs at 415,000lbs. For reference. Maybe somebody could check the CSX roster. The truck wheelbase is a bit longer so maybe a bit harder on curves.

Date: 04/08/21 20:13
Author: funnelfan

These ex-Conrail CW40-8's made it to Cheney late this afternoon on the Lind Turn.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds