Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Depot Friday -- Wayzata, MN

Date: 04/09/21 07:15
Depot Friday -- Wayzata, MN
Author: KimHeusel

Spent some time in Wayzata, Minnesota a few weeks ago. Wayzata is on the BNSF Wayzata Sub, former Great Northern, and sports a well-maintained 1906 depot on the shores of Lake Minnetonka. It houses a train museum and has a garden railroad on the outside on the east side of the depot. First shot is the west side of the depot looking east down the BNSF tracks toward the Twin Cities. Second shot is the east side of the depot showing an old train order board and the garden railroad, which operates spring through fall, as an empty westbound coal trains passes by. Third shot is another image of the garden railroad. This depot is located in a nice park-like setting with access to walking paths, picnic tables, and docks and piers that jut out into the lake. We caught the westbound coal train and then another westbound train after leaving for a little while to get some lunch.

Kim Heusel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/21 12:10 by KimHeusel.

Date: 04/09/21 07:36
Re: Depot Friday -- Wayzata, MN
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice.
JB

Date: 04/09/21 11:45
Author: bmarti7

Niiice!

Bismarck Bill 

Date: 04/09/21 12:13
Author: KimHeusel

rgzfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tonka trucks get their name from Minnetonka, MN.
> Here is quite possibly the best television
> commercial in the history of mankind, from Tonka.
> Caution: Extreme risk of being overcome with
> nostalgia.  
> (The elephant is from a different commercial.)
>  

Great look back rgzfan! I think I remember those commercials, especially the one with the elephant.

Kim Heusel

Date: 04/09/21 16:10
Author: ns1000

Great toys!!  I still have my metal dump truck.

Date: 04/10/21 08:38
Author: baldylox

Great place for Coffee.  Not much action usually for trains, but if you ride a bicycle its popular :D

Brett Isaacs
Dundas, MN
N Scale 3D printing and Design

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds