Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Transcon - Chillicothe, IL (Illinois River Bridge) 6-6-21

Date: 06/07/21 05:28
BNSF Transcon - Chillicothe, IL (Illinois River Bridge) 6-6-21
Author: flippin77

Hadn't fished on the IL River in a while so threw Lil Chico (the drone) in the boat. Pretty impressive, 9 trains in 2.5 hours on the Chilli Sub.
Look me up on YT for some other stuff I've shot.

Thanks for watching!
Andy
Metamora, IL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/21 05:36 by flippin77.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/07/21 06:36
Re: BNSF Transcon - Chillicothe, IL (Illinois River Bridge) 6-6-2
Author: daberryman

Super cool footage Andy! I always wondered what the bridge and adjacent terrain looked like. Thanks for sharing!

Dwight

Date: 06/07/21 08:19
Author: ntharalson

Good stuff, thanks for posting.  and I'lll bet it was interesting avoiding that high tension electric line!  

You used to be able to get in to the east side of that bridge on the ground but it got gated off several years ago.  This is about the only way you can shoot this bridge now, at least without tresspassing..  

Nick Tharalson,
Mrion, IA

Date: 06/08/21 09:57
Author: millerdc

What are the speed restrictions for the bridge?

Date: 06/08/21 15:43
Author: PossumKing

Little or none.

Z trains run by Chillicothe @ 60+ mph regularly with no apparent reduction for the bridge.

Date: 06/08/21 17:57
Author: NDHolmes

Now what I want to know - how was the fishing?   Dad, my uncle, and I used to fish around there since my uncle lived not too far away.  Always found it to be a little hit and miss on the fish, but always a good day out on the boat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds