Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Decent Warbonnet leading in Pueblo this afternoon

Date: 07/31/21 19:11
Decent Warbonnet leading in Pueblo this afternoon
Author: ns2557

We took off for Pueblo Co this afternoon hoping to catch the CP led SB Grainer as it headed east. We did get a shot of it as it sat at the SSS Baxter Co on the BNSF Pueblo Sub. On our way back we stopped by the yard in Pueblo. Found a few interesting things around. 3 Boeing Fuselages that came into the yard out of the east, 2 BNSF SD40-2's both still in BN Green, a BNSF GP39-2 2854 still in old ATSF Blu and Yellow and this one here.

Shot 1.  BNSF C44-9W 725 still in decent condition paint wise. Here it sits outside the old ATSF/FWD-BN Yard Office and tower.

Shot 2. A roster of the BNSF 725

Shot 3. What I think was the rear of the BNSF 725, that being the BNSF 4629-7299-7492 as seen in this shot. That's BNSF 4629 head out on this end.   Can anyone perhaps ID this one? Think it maybe one of the Detour Trains that come south into Denver then down the Joint Line here in Colorado. Perhaps a H PASBAR?

Saw another possible detour train headed north up the UP ex DRGW Main along I25, led by BNSF 7417.  Nice day for most part. No rain while we were out but within in hour or two after the monsoon rains came at the house. Back and front yard flooded. Oh well, Just another day.  Y'all be safe, take care.  Ben

Date: 07/31/21 19:16
Re: Decent Warbonnet leading in Pueblo this afternoon
Author: SantaFeRuss

Nice looking Warbonnet! There are several out there that still look decent.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 07/31/21 19:53
Author: Gonut1

Ben,
Great stuff! I would never have imagined Pueblo as such a busy rail center. Then again there are those detours. Really long detours!
Thanks.
Go

Date: 08/01/21 08:30
Author: ntharalson

SantaFeRuss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice looking Warbonnet! There are several out
> there that still look decent.
>
> SantaFeRuss

Most of the 700's that are still in Warbonnet look like this.  Also, the 4700's still in Warbonnet, one or two have been repainted, look good.  Evan W. wrote a long post on this  some while ago on why the pre-BNSF units faded so badly and the post one didn't.  I'm as confused as you are.  

Nice shots, ns, thanks for posting.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 08/02/21 06:51
Author: SantaFeRuss

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice looking Warbonnet! There are several out
> > there that still look decent.
> >
> > SantaFeRuss
>
> Most of the 700's that are still in Warbonnet look
> like this.  Also, the 4700's still in Warbonnet,
> one or two have been repainted, look good.  Evan
> W. wrote a long post on this  some while ago on
> why the pre-BNSF units faded so badly and the post
> one didn't.  I'm as confused as you are.  
>
> Nice shots, ns, thanks for posting.  
>
> Nick Tharalson,
> Marion, IA

Nick no confusion on my part. Most old Santa Fe C44-9W's that have not been rebuilt or repainted, look pretty rough. Most Warbonnet  painted 700 and 4700 units look pretty good. The clear coat on the 600 series units did not wear well. By the time the 700 and 4700 series units came along, the clear coat was considerably better. The Warbonnet painted GP60M units had a whole different type of paint/clear coat that EMD or their contractor used vs General Electric/contractor used. None the less, it is good to catch a decent Warbonnet painted unit be it a 600,700 or 4700.

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds