Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railfanning through the windshield. BNSF Perris,Ca. Local 7-30-21

Date: 07/31/21 22:19
Railfanning through the windshield. BNSF Perris,Ca. Local 7-30-21
Author: RailRat

While driving back to our Riverside store,Northbound on the I-215 freeway. After a long day in Menifee, I saw the un-mistakable triad of ditchlights coming our way,off to the distant left, so I took some quick Sh!t shots with my phone camera from the passenger seat, as quickly as I could.
About 5:30pm, a pretty late time of day for us to be still be driving home to the shop!
Hope u like!

The last shot I included because it has better focus on the 2nd and 3rd units engine numbers, but the lead unit looks crazy distorted due to the windshield edge!

Unit numbers are 106, 135 and 126, I do believe that thing on top of lead unit 106 in picture 2 is actually the top of a billboard.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/21 15:57 by RailRat.

Date: 07/31/21 22:29
Re: Railfanning through the windshield. BNSF Perris,Ca. Local 7-3
Author: PasadenaSub

Neat group from a commute I'm used to driving every Mon-Thu.  I think I saw the same trio of GP60Ms start their day on Friday heading east (from my the location in my Riverside Honda thread earlier today).  They used to leave the power parked on the San Jac line overnight but it's probably better if they're using the caged in area at Porhyry.

Date: 08/01/21 00:25
Author: norm1153

Wow, a post from a time traveler!

Date: 08/01/21 01:35
Author: MyfordBrowning

What is the normal operation on the San Jac line now? How is the Corona roadswitcher running, there seems to have been changes during the past year.

Cliff

Date: 08/01/21 05:23
Author: BeaumontHill

I believe both, the Corona Local and San Jac power and crews go on duty at San Bernardino now. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. No power is left in the cage at Porphyry overnight.

Date: 08/01/21 12:34
Author: callum_out

Things change, wasn''t that long ago that the San Jac went on duty at Barstow. But then it just acted as  a
Hauler and local power on the branch serviced the industries. Then moved to Berdoo with one train doing
both and I believe that's current operating. I think that the Corona works the same way as the Kaiser has
been working as the Hauler with a drop and pickup in Berdoo (corrections if available please).

Out 

Date: 08/01/21 15:51
Author: UnitAlarm

RailRat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Unit numbers are 106, 135 and 126, I do believe
> that thing on top of lead unit 106 in picture 2 is
> actually the top of a billboard.

No.  Thats remote control equipment located on top of the cab.

Date: 08/01/21 16:00
Author: RailRat

norm1153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, a post from a time traveler!
>  

Duly noted and corrected.
Darn tiny phone keyboard! :-)

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 08/01/21 18:03
Author: PasadenaSub

I saw those same 3 units running light eastbound in Riverside at Adams Street at 8am on the same day, 7/30.  If they began their day in San Bernardino and went west to work around Corona, it seems like they would have had to dodge a lot of Metrolink trains and BNSF eastbounds to be heading back east by that hour, unless they start work at 5am or so?

Rich

Date: 08/27/21 23:26
Author: bnsfdevore

Did you happen to notice the two hoppers sitting on the south side of the Y at the water treatment plant? They have been there for at least a month. Taggers have had their day with them

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds