Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Is FedEx having problems in Chicago

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 09/15/21 18:45
Is FedEx having problems in Chicago
Author: Joe90

I have a package coming from MPB in New York that left there on the 8th. It's been in Chicago since the 11th no sign of moving .Should have arrived in Riverside , California by end of day yesterday . I would not recommend shipping via that bunch of cowboys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/21 20:50 by Joe90.

Date: 09/15/21 18:49
Re: Is FedEx having problems in Chicago
Author: PHall

Is it coming by ground or air? And just because it's coming via ground doesn't mean it's on a train.

Date: 09/15/21 20:36
Author: Greyhounds

Every supply chain in the world is having problems due to COVID-19.

Date: 09/15/21 20:41
Author: krm152

FEDEX is having problems period.  Early in the year our Girl Scount cookie order was at the distribution center in Jeffersonville, IN, near us.  Instead of delivering the cookies, they were shipped south to a facility in Mississippi where they spent almost two weeks before finallly being delivered to us.
In another instance, we ordered some cleaning supplies on line.  They broke one container during shipment.  The driver brought a plastic bag to our front door that held the container and most of the liquid that was in it.  The driver asked if we wanted to accept the bag.  We told him we were not that desperate.
That is FEDEX.
ALLEN

Date: 09/15/21 22:15
Author: DevalDragon

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it coming by ground or air? And just because
> it's coming via ground doesn't mean it's on a
> train.

If it was coming by air, certainly it would be stuck in Memphis.

Date: 09/16/21 00:19
Author: SD40T-2

'Had the same thing happen to me recently.  A package was stuck in Chicago for four days...

Date: 09/16/21 02:29
Author: howeld

Does Fedex update the tracking while on the railroad similar to the way UPS does? If they don’t it could be anywhere between Chicago and LA on the railroad.

Date: 09/16/21 02:54
Author: Pacific5th

A few months ago I ordered tube doors for my 4Runner. They shipped by train to Spokane where FedEx then left the trailer near the ramp at Yardley for almost two weeks. It showed as out for delivery the day after it was unloaded from the Z. They had a different excuse every day. Pretty frustrating when I work in the stupid rail yard.

Date: 09/16/21 04:58
Author: robj

Of course a little bit like late train,. We are only going to hear about the late ones?

Bob

Posted from Android

Date: 09/16/21 06:01
Author: masterphots

Fedex Priority Overnight (air) is working perfectly as always.  Stuff happens if you opt for the less expensive services.

Date: 09/16/21 07:51
Author: bmarti7

Greyhounds Wrote:
> Every supply chain in the world is having problems
> due to COVID-19.

True, but USA is the worst. Our "leaders" (both parties) have broken the spirit of many and provided means to survive (extra unemployment, no eviction when you don't pay rent, food stamps for anyone,etc.) I read there are 7,000,000 unfilled job in US right now. On a short, 4-day trip, we saw numerous instances of I don't care work: overflowed trash containers, empty towel dispensers in restrooms, signs stating "dining room closed due to staffing". When bringing deficiencies to employee attention, you get that "look". When complaining to management, their excuse is "can't get people to work ".The Fedex problem is just a symbol of a much-deeper, systemic problem right now. 

BB

Date: 09/16/21 08:07
Author: MSE

Yes, FedEx's tracking is quite good.

howeld Wrote:
> Does Fedex update the tracking while on the
> railroad similar to the way UPS does? If they
> don’t it could be anywhere between Chicago and
> LA on the railroad.

Date: 09/16/21 09:33
Author: BRAtkinson

MSE Wrote:
> Yes, FedEx's tracking is quite good.

As an ex employee of Fedex Ground, I'd like to agree with that statement, but I cant.  On a variety of packages that they handled from the west coast to my house in Massachusetts, the tracking would 'guess' where the package was when it was clearly in a trailer going cross country.  Hence, it showed progress is totally unheared-of small burgs across the USA, generally along the Interstate.  Having loaded and unloaded countless packages at their Willington CT regional hub, I can attest that those small burgs are NOT any hub facilities.  Packages usually go from hub to hub, directly to the destination hub, if possible,  If that trailer 'door' is closed for the night (last trailer to destination), any packages to go there will be routed to an intermediate hub along the way....usually Lenexa, KS.  In one case, a package coming to me, according to their tracking, spent 2 DAYS a mere 30 miles from the Willington hub before it finally arrived there and I got it the next day.

USPS isn't blameless, either.  I've given up on shipping anything I sold on ebay worth more than $50 or so via priority mail and use UPS ground for those packages.  The tracking is better and it always arrives on time.  Packages to and from me via the postal service sometimes take a 6-8 state 'tour' going thousands of miles out of their way.  Yes, Fedex and UPS screw up like that, too, but far fewer times than the postal service screws up.

And between work disincentives and Covid, all businesses are suffering from fast food joints to the post office to emergency rooms.  A USPS employee friend of mine recently told me that even at $18/hr starting pay for carriers, they can't get enough applicants...especially those that pass a pee-test.

Date: 09/16/21 15:51
Author: zaltwsp7

And seemingly everywhere else..
Their customer service is about worthless +++

Date: 09/16/21 17:43
Author: Lackawanna484

rgzfan Wrote:
> I like that spelling. It seems more phonetically
> correct than the Y spelling.
>
> rantoul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where is New Uork...

NeeYurk?

Date: 09/16/21 17:53
Author: TomG

And FedEx just gets worse. I have had a sketchy delivery schedule here in Calif. for a week. Then it said it was going to show up yesterday and didnt. This morning it said it was out for delivery so i sat here all day looking out the window for the truck. It just got updated that it was delivered at 130 today left of porch. There never was a truck here and no package!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/21 17:55 by TomG.

Date: 09/16/21 19:02
Author: Fred17F

I've heard that the Hub in Chicago is down 800 people.

Date: 09/16/21 19:35
Author: wmbrakeman

Fed Ex has some good days , But mostly Bad , I had boxes just sit in ware house in Sparrows point md for several days , 

Actually had phone person say if you need it you can go get it at warehouse , 

Date: 09/17/21 20:45

SD40T-2 Wrote:
> 'Had the same thing happen to me recently.  A
> package was stuck in Chicago for four days...As of tonight it's been there 6 days! And yes it's ground. The World on time !.

Date: 09/17/21 20:48

robj Wrote:
> Of course a little bit like late train,. We are
> only going to hear about the late ones?
>
> Bob
>
> Posted from Android
This is the second of three that's been badly late within the last two weeks. It has happened before too. FedEx is just plain awful . A taste of service if the USPS disapears.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0643 seconds