Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 2x4x0 stacks/intermodal coming at ya..........

Date: 10/05/21 06:19
2x4x0 stacks/intermodal coming at ya..........
Author: goneon66

yesterday i caught this w/b beast on the bnsf's seligman sub just w/of kingman, az.

the train exited kingman canyon a few miles e/of this location and is on main #1 approaching c.p. e/griffith.

at the end of the video, this w/b is meeting an e/b at c.p. e/griffith.........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/05/21 06:42
Re: 2x4x0 stacks/intermodal coming at ya..........
Author: exhaustED

Wow, that's some train!! Nice shooting.

Date: 10/05/21 09:00
Author: Ritzville

Now that was a LONG one 66! Nice to see a friendly crew.

Larry

Date: 10/05/21 09:16
Author: asheldrake

NICE....some boxes I don't see past ORHC here in Portland.   cannot imagine working to unclog the destinations........Arlen

Date: 10/05/21 12:18
Author: atsf121

Awesome video, that was a beast of a train!  And it seemed to have a little of everything in it: old Twin Stack cars; stacked container chasis in transit; spine cars with both containers & trailers; international & domestic containers; and I'm sure I'm missing something else that caught my eye.  Was this two trains, domestic and international, that were combined?  Or was it just luck, and maybe more empties up front, that had the mid-train DPUs splitting those two "sections" up?  I'm amazed that the Twin Stacks are still burning up the miles, too bad they don't have an odometer to see how much they have traveled.  Here's hoping they make it to 50!

Nathan

Date: 10/05/21 12:27

hey mapboy, any ideas on this train's symbol?

it was yesterday into kingman at approx. 1430hrs pst............

Date: 10/05/21 14:58
Author: 3rdswitch

220 platforms. After a two year absence, it is so strange to see these monsters, both manifest and stack, out there after so many years of normal trains. And yet, there are still fifty to seventy trains a day, depending on the day of the week. Last week I saw my first monster 177 car, 750 axle, eastbound Barstow to Kansas City at almost this same spot waiting on the late number three. The DS gave him good handling as I saw the BARKCK, here, Valentine, and Seligman. Even with single tracking Peach Springs to Yampai. Four westbound intermodals were waiting at Yampai when this train came over Yampai Hill.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/21 15:09 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 10/05/21 15:59

during the videotaping of this w/b 2x4x0 intermodal on main #1, i saw this e/b 3x1x1 manifest crawling up towards kingman canyon on main #2.

i easily beat him to c.p. walapai which is just e/of kingman.

he was making a run for the e/b grade up to antares curve and was soon at a crawl........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/05/21 16:05
Author: exhaustED

Nice to hear those GEVOs growling...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds