Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Depot Friday . . .

Date: 10/22/21 16:26
Depot Friday . . .
Author: SCKP187

A couple of shots of the depot in small college town Albion MI.  I believe it is a Michigan Central building--really has a nice look about it and is an Amtrak stop
Third photo is Elkhart IN, an exceptionall long structure so wide I couldn't get all of it in the lens without walking out onto the tracks
Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/22/21 17:00
Re: Depot Friday . . .
Author: Ritzville

Nice looking Depots Brian. The Albion Depot has a nice look and still being used for Amtrak..

Larry

Date: 10/22/21 17:06
Re: Depot Friday . . .
Author: renf

With regard to the Albion Michigan Central depot now used by Amtrak, I believe that a local philanthropic family has appropriated
upwards of $200,000 to refurbish this depot.  Only two of the six Amtrak trains passing this depot stop to let passengers alight
or board.  The Michigan population is aging very rapidly.  This means that a growing proportion of the population are not
able to easily drive.  Will Amtrak every increase the number of trains that  stop in smaller Michigan towns to attract this
share of the travel market?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds