Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Fireworks in Greenville TX

Date: 11/30/21 18:36
Fireworks in Greenville TX
Author: KB5WK

Sharing  a video of a westbound KCS intermodal I-ATDA on the live rail cam on YouTube on 11/23/2021 at 04:09 am with KCS 4682 leader.  I happen to be watching the live cam that morning and noticed a sparking car near the end of the train. I decided this looked serious enough, and called the KCS emergency phone number, and got in touch with a person in the mechanical department in the very early morning hour.  They stopped the train. Got the mechanical crews to the scene.  I was told later they made a set out of the bad order car in Farmersville.  All on video I am sharing the video from the camera owner with his permission.  Sparking starts at 04:14:17 am.

The KCS called me back at 6 am to get my contact info and said corporate would like to reach out to me. Later that another got a call from the VP of Mechanical Ops.  We had a nice phone coversation. Said I helped stop a future derailment, and got my address. They sent me a thank you card, and a nice YETI Coffee mug with KCS logos via UPS RED next day air.  Since all this happened right before Thanksgiving.  I wasnt sure if I wanted to share this experince. Well I decided share the video experience since this was a once in a lifetime event, and something I dont think will happen to me again.  I am good freinds with the camera owner, and we are all happy this had a positive ending, and the KCS VP thanked both of us for having a good community of KCS fans. 

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/21 18:50 by KB5WK.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/30/21 20:09
Re: Fireworks in Greenville TX
Author: SpecsGTP

Good on you for being vigilant and speaking up.  Even better that corporate appreciated it and acknowledged it too!

Date: 11/30/21 20:55
Author: tomstp

And amazing you were up very early.  Good out come for everyone.

Date: 12/01/21 05:45
Author: Kimball

See something?  Say something!  Good on you.  

Date: 12/01/21 08:29
Author: mapboy

A good call!  Hot sparks droppiing all over, could have started an expensive bridge fire or brush fire, not to mention derailment.

mapboy

Date: 12/01/21 08:37
Author: goneon66

outstanding obs and great job..............

Date: 12/02/21 09:51
Author: Ritzville

Excellent save on your part!!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds