Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The BN Brand.

Date: 01/12/22 12:04
The BN Brand.
Author: NickWolters

Although relegated to fallen flag status in the 1990's, few railroads properly evoked the era in which it existed better than the Burlington Northern. The BN's "retro" logo aged so well and still survives in many instances, a favorite for many fans both old and young.

Thursday, December 2, 2021.

Date: 01/12/22 14:03
Re: The BN Brand.
Author: BigSkyBlue

In the 2000's I asked my daughter if she liked the then-new BNSF "wedge" logo, or the older BNSF "wagon wheel" herald.  She replied, "Dad.  I liked the BN logo...that was clever!"    BSB

Date: 01/13/22 14:23
Author: MC6853

When I was a kid I always thought the BN logo was a mouth with interlocking teeth... Took me quite a while to realize it was actually a B with an N superimposed into it...

Date: 01/13/22 15:08
Author: NCA1022

MC6853 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was a kid I always thought the BN logo was
> a mouth with interlocking teeth... Took me quite a
> while to realize it was actually a B with an N
> superimposed into it...

Or mating pipe wrenches.   When new I understand the BN insisted that the logo never appear on its own and must be shown with the words "Burlington Northern"

- Norm

Date: 01/13/22 15:55
Author: mpe383

MC6853 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was a kid I always thought the BN logo was
> a mouth with interlocking teeth... Took me quite a
> while to realize it was actually a B with an N
> superimposed into it...

I still can't unsee dragon mouth when I see the logo!  I am not sure what that says about me psychologically, lol.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds