Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Few From West Texas

Date: 01/13/22 21:39
A Few From West Texas
Author: BNSF-6432

Back on December 16th, I ventured out west of Odessa, TX on the UP Toyah Sub. Traffic seemed to be up there with a meet in Monahans, TX, followed by a track inspector having to clear for two eastbounds. After that it got pretty slow through the afternoon with only one other eastbound passing by. Once the quickly setting sun was telling me it was time to head back, I encountered one westbound Z after dark on the return trip home.

​1) After holding the main for the MFWMH to yard itself, an eastbound stack train with a sandwiched foreigner accelerates up to track speed and out of Monahans, TX.

2) A single DPU assists the usually long intermodal.

​3) The first of two eastbounds blows past the small town of Barstow, TX as the track inspector takes a break to inspect the passing train.

Date: 01/13/22 22:07
Re: A Few From West Texas

4) A closer shot of the eastbound intermodal through Barstow.

​5) The second eastbound,a unit grain train passes over the lengthy trestle east of Pecos.

​6) Pecos Valley Southern's sole motor is tied down with cars for one of the few remaining customers on the line near the interchange point with UP.

Date: 01/13/22 22:24

7) A clear signal is displayed for a westbound Z at East Pyote as the sun sets below the horizon.

​All from 12/16/21
PQM

Date: 01/14/22 05:02
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 01/14/22 06:00
Author: train1275

Very Nice !!

Date: 01/14/22 10:15
Author: tomstp

Nice shot at Pyote.
How many hours did it take to get all these shots?

Date: 01/15/22 16:47
Author: ns1000

I like the last one!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds