Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tied down empty "frac" sand unit train at night in Fort Collins

Date: 01/14/22 09:12
Tied down empty "frac" sand unit train at night in Fort Collins
Author: jmulhol2

BNSF #8361 (GE ES44C4; built: ??/????) and #600 (Rebuilt GE AC44C4M; built: 02/1994; ex-ATSF motor) idle near the North Siding Switch of North Yard in Fort Collins, CO, with a long string of empty two bay covered hopper "frac" sand cars during the evening hours of 1/13/2022. A Great Western Railway crew had just armed the end-of-train device ("ETD" or "FRED") and tied the train down until a late night BNSF crew will come take the train northbound to Cheyenne, WY, --> Guernsey, WY, --> points east for re-filling. The ETD/FRED was actually thrown out the window of this morning's southbound H-LAUDEN manifest freight train as it passed the South Siding Switch of North Yard. These two motors were originally on a 2x2 northbound loaded "frac" sand unit train that came northbound on the the BNSF Front Range Subdivision the previous night (1/12/2022) -- the other two motors ran light power to Cheyenne, WY.

Date: 01/14/22 10:22
Re: Tied down empty "frac" sand unit train at night in Fort Colli
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 01/15/22 07:48

bobk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots!

Thank you very much! 

Date: 01/15/22 16:56
Author: ns1000

My favorite is Pic 1!!

Date: 01/15/22 20:42

ns1000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My favorite is Pic 1!!

Might be mine too! :-) 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds