Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Question on the Joint Line

Date: 01/14/22 13:23
Question on the Joint Line
Author: texchief1

Would somebody tell me on Colorado's Joint Line which train use the East track and which trains use the West track where there is double track.  Is the whole Joint Line double track?

Thanks.

RC LUndgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 01/14/22 13:33
Re: Question on the Joint Line
Author: NDHolmes

Directional running double track from Littleton to Palmer Lake and then Crews (near Fountain) to Bragdon (north of Pueblo).  Palmer to Crews is single track with sidings.  Southbounds (geographically speaking) use the west track, northbounds use the east track.  There's random exceptions to the directional running rule (such as when MoW is out), but that's the usual pattern.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/22 13:34 by NDHolmes.

Date: 01/14/22 13:50
Author: ns2557

From Pueblo Co north. Track along I25 north to Becon Hill Racetrack/Bragdon is UP ex DRGW. From Pblo Jct, east of town BNSF will run north also. Pblo Jct is where the Spanish Peaks Sub out of Trinidad joins the ex ATSF Pueblo Sub to head east along US50 to La Junta Co. The track that crosses over I25 at Bragdon is the BNSF into and out of Pueblo. This goes into their yard in town. At Bragdon the track closest to I25 is Main 1, both BNSF and UP use this one south from Crews Co which is in Fountain. The east track which one can see but not easy to get to, is Main 2 which begins at the crossovers at Bragdon and is UP.The stretch from Crews south to Bragdon is treated as double track.Main 1 is generally SB and Main 2 is generally NB. At Crews the tracks become single track and go north thru Colorado Springs.Sidings at Keller and just above Nevada St in Springs where there is another siding going north to N.Colorado Springs. Both these are Along I25. From N Colorado Springs to Palmer Lake it's single track with sidings at Academy, on the USAF Academy, Monument then Palmer Lake. Here the tracks split again becoming Main 1 along the road going north out of the Lake and Main 2 east Abit.At N.Larkspur,Main 2 goes under I25 and runs on the east side of I25 with Main 1 right along I25 to the west side. Castle Rock north, Main 2 crosses back over I25 and both tracks are to west of the I. Main 1 is the SB track and is the west track thru Big Lift.Main 2 is NB Main. This is pretty much how it goes. Littleton north tracks run to east of US85 to Denver. Ben

Date: 01/14/22 15:57
Author: texchief1

Thanks, guys!

RC Lundgren

Date: 01/15/22 11:23
Author: koloradokid

ns2557 Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------- go north thru Colorado Springs.Sidings
> at Keller and just above Nevada St in Springs
> where there is another siding going north to
> N.Colorado Springs. Both these are Along I25. From
> N Colorado Springs to Palmer Lake it's single
> track with sidings at Academy, on the USAF
> Academy, Monument then Palmer Lake. Here the
> tracks split again becoming Main 1Ben

One correction , the first siding is Kelker.  I see you corrected the other blooper in taht Colordo Springs is one very looooong siding.

Robert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds