Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I Heard Good Old EMD Sound Coming My Way!

Date: 04/30/22 22:43
I Heard Good Old EMD Sound Coming My Way!
Author: RailRat

Video is Terrible, but sound is fantastic if you listen with earbuds, headphones, or surround amplifier, The sound is Completely lost if you listen only on cell phone!

I caught this from our yard last second, while loaSub. Our trucks at Taylor's Appliance back yard, off Magnolia Ave in Riverside, CA
We're just west of Riverside Junction on the LA sub.

Video view is the only view I have from our yard of trains passing east and west, on the LA Sub, but believe me, I do see and hear a lot more than my non railfan work partners from this location!

I think the engines are from the small UP yard at Jarupa (Jurupa) and Industrial Dr Area in Riverside?

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/22 22:51 by RailRat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/01/22 02:14
Re: I Heard Good Old EMD Sound Coming My Way!
Author: Evan_Werkema

I don't recognize the lead GP60, but the graffiti pattern and lack of dynamic brakes on the second unit is consistent with GP38-2 #663, which has been hanging around the Inland Empire for several years and would account for the non-turbo sound we're hearing.

Date: 05/01/22 05:17
Author: 2ebright

Gawd! Only in California are railfans able to identify units by their grafitti pattern.

Dick
Rochester, MN

Date: 05/01/22 13:33
Author: krm152

The sound is good.  I listened with ear buds using my HP Strea.
ALLEN

Date: 05/02/22 14:38
Author: RailRat

krm152 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sound is good.  I listened with ear buds
> using my HP Strea.
> ALLEN

Yes thank you, our building, and others behind the camera, form kind of an echo chamber if your standing in our company yard.

A phone's speaker alone just doesn't do the video's sound justice for many videos here in TO.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds