Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Denver hot spots

Date: 05/19/22 19:18
Denver hot spots
Author: RiverLineProductions

Hi all,

I will be in Denver tomorrow afternoon after driving over from Grand Junction. Any recommendations on the best places to see trains around the city? Thanks!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/19/22 19:55
Re: Denver hot spots
Author: kbmiflyer

A couple blocks Northeast of union station there are two pedestrian bridges over  the BNSF / UP joint line (16th street and 18th street).  I have had good luck there before.  There is also an RTD light rail station along the tracks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/22 06:47 by kbmiflyer.

Date: 05/20/22 03:47
Author: rrpreservation

In Commerce City (to the north) the old CB&Q line to Denver crosses the Union Pacific line to Cheyenne. There is usually quite a bit of activity there.

I hope your efforts go well!!!

Date: 05/20/22 04:30
Author: cozephyr

Area is known as Sand Creek by the railroads.  Sand Creek Junction, Commerce City, CO, crossed over by Interstate 270.  Images shows a southbound UP train on UP's Greeley Subdivision at Commerce City, CO.

Going to be rainy and chilly on Friday, 20 May - bring a raincoat.

rrpreservation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In Commerce City (to the north) the old CB&Q line
> to Denver crosses the Union Pacific line to
> Cheyenne. There is usually quite a bit of activity
> there.

Date: 05/20/22 07:00
Author: dendavis

And don't forget the Joint Line, visible and parallel to, U.S. 85 through Littleton south for many miles.  Not always a lot of moving traffic, but there have been multiple empty and loaded coal trains waiting in the queue around the area between Mississippi Avenue and Dartmouth.  Counted five Thursday evening waiting for track orders.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds