Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Wabtec acquires Rockwell Collins Arinc train dispatch / managemen

Date: 06/16/22 18:27
Wabtec acquires Rockwell Collins Arinc train dispatch / managemen
Author: Lackawanna484

From Railway Age

According to Wabtec, this includes “dispatch and back-office capabilities with fully integrated train control and Positive Train Control (PTC), control center integration and customer information systems, as well as cybersecurity and life-cycle management solutions. ARINC’s RailwayNet product provides connectivity to the Interoperable Train Control (ITC) Federated Network that supports PTC messaging, including full message functionality, back-office, and operations center services, system monitoring, and support.”

https://www.railwayage.com/news/wabtec-acquires-arinc-rail-solutions/

Date: 06/16/22 18:47
Re: Wabtec acquires Rockwell Collins Arinc train dispatch / manag
Author: DevalDragon

Which railroad(s) use this Rockwell Collins Arinc train dispatch / management system?

Date: 06/16/22 21:13
Author: KM-ML4000

All railroads using I-ETMS from WABTEC use a Rockwell Collins interface

Date: 06/17/22 05:50
Author: rfdatalink

I'm fairly certain that Amtrak uses the ARINC dispatch system, and there are few others.   
Only a small portion of railroads using the I-ETMS system use the ARINC back office (BOS).    There are 3 or 4 different BOS offerings out there and I think BNSF has created their own.

Stephen

Date: 06/17/22 06:24
Author: Lackawanna484

The article mentions a large contract with NJ Transit

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds