Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > For Whom the Belle Tolls...

Date: 09/20/22 01:09
For Whom the Belle Tolls...
Author: funnelfan

I was given a heads up that the BNSF grain train G-HBNVAW9-15M had a pair of KCS units leading, SD70ACE #4009 and ES44AC #4839. It arrived at Hauser Yard early in the morning, but took almost to 4pm before it reached Cheney, WA.  I chased it as far as Paha, but getting good sunlight proved elusive as the clouds kept moving in to block the sun before the train arrived. I didn't get a decent sunlit shot until Paha. I had to give up the chase there despite sunnier skies to the south because I was subject to be called for a local job on the railroad I work for. In the end the job wasn't called after all.
1. BNSF Grain Train passing along Sprague Lake on the Lakeside Sub.

2. Train passing the ex-NP water tank foundation in Tyler, WA

3. Westbound at Paha, WA

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 02:22 by funnelfan.

Date: 09/20/22 02:10
Re: For Whom the Belle Tolls...
Author: funnelfan

KCS SD70ACE #4009 was painted in the Belle scheme in 2020 with lettering celebrating the "Heros" of the pandemic, the essential workers. The wording is in Spanish on the engineer's side, and in English on the conductor's side.

You can tell the throttle restrictions have been lifted on the shuttle trains. I was having a hard time getting ahead of the train for photos, where that wasn't much of a problem before. The train beat me from the Sprague Lake overlook to the east switch of Keystone Siding where a eastbound Vehicle train was waiting in the hole. I stayed long enough to grab a couple photos of the train leaving. Larry in Ritzville caught both of these trains and posted photos yesterday.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 02:13 by funnelfan.

Date: 09/20/22 02:43
Author: NiagaraMike

Neat stuff!

Date: 09/20/22 03:47
Author: 3rdswitch

Excellent.
JB

Date: 09/20/22 08:07
Author: MacBeau

Good subject line.
—Mac

Date: 09/20/22 10:05
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE chase and narrative Ted! Good that you were able to catch all the KCS action with not much help from the sun. Nice to see Keystone up close, not an easy area to visit.

Larry

Date: 09/20/22 21:17
Author: SP8595

Great catch on the KCS and Awesome shots!

Date: 09/21/22 14:06
Author: ns1000

Pic 3 is my favorite!!

Date: 09/21/22 19:40
Author: pedrop

Great trains and wonderfull sceneries.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds