Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Woman who was left in police car parked on railroad tracks

Date: 09/20/22 07:58
Woman who was left in police car parked on railroad tracks
Author: KB5WK

I often shake my head with some of the news stories I read. This is one of them. OMG. What happened to common sense

USA Today on MSN.com  I shorten the link using the Google app.

Woman who was left in police car parked on railroad tracks injured in train collision, officials say
A 20-year-old woman in Colorado suffered serious injuries after police put her inside a parked cruiser that was struck by a train in a Denver-area town, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. 

Shorten Link > https://t.ly/R3ng

David Hawkins
Plano TX

Date: 09/20/22 08:39
Re: Woman who was left in police car parked on railroad tracks
Author: stevelv

Date: 09/20/22 10:45
Author: MM171

It has gone unnoticed here on TO but the Empire Builder #8 hit and killed an individual early Monday morning (approx 2 a.m. Sept 19) in the Athol, ID area. 

Date: 09/20/22 16:49
Author: redberan4449

MM171 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has gone unnoticed here on TO but the Empire
> Builder #8 hit and killed an individual early
> Monday morning (approx 2 a.m. Sept 19) in the
> Athol, ID area. 

I live about 10 miles away.  Local Coeur d'Alene press reported the following yesterday:
By [color=#003c71 !important]Press Staff[/color]
[color=#495057 !important]|[/color] [color=#495057 !important]September 19, 2022 3:15 PM  -  [/color]A 26-year-old Athol man was killed in a train vs. pedestrian collision just after 2:00am Monday morning.Idaho State Police reported they are investigating the collision, which occurred on the Granite Loop Road railway crossing just north of Athol.  The man was struck by a passing AMTRAK passenger train on its way to Sandpoint.  The man was pronounced deceased on scene.  Police have notified next of kin.  The railway was closed for approximately two hours to allow first responders to conduct a thorough investigation.  Idaho State Police will continue to investigate."  No further details are available.

There are two Granite Road crossings.  One has automated gate crossings; the other one has cross-bucks (used primarily by construction crews).  Quite impossible to NOT hear or see a speeding train at either location, even at 2:00am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/22 17:06 by redberan4449.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds