Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SF bay area warm springs sub??

Date: 09/20/22 19:22
SF bay area warm springs sub??
Author: pdt

Have friend visiting from out of town on monday or tues next week.   I was thinking of trying to chase something on the south end of the Warm Springs sub. 

Any info on daylight running on a monday or tuesday would be appreciated..  I think the Mission Bay operates during daylight these days??

TIA..

Date: 09/20/22 19:52
Re: SF bay area warm springs sub??
Author: GoldenState

Mission Bay is no longer in Daylight on the return. I'm between MP 0.5 and the hills and they went by on the return about 20 minutes ago. I heard that they entered the sub from the south and left to the north, but dont know for sure.
The north end seems to have the most action with the daily roundtrip of the MOAOA, mornings in, with noonish return. 
There is a local that will do the shimmy at Niles Jct to go up the Oak sub to Union City most late afternoons, return after dark.
An Auto train to Milpitas, AGBMI at some point, but has another symbol now. Mid to late afternoon.
Occasional auto repos delivering Bi-levels to Milpitas for Teslas to leave on the AMICH which is now in early AM dark.

Sorry I can't be more specific, hopefully others can provide better info!

A scanner is key, as it is all TWC. 

Rob in Fremont  

Date: 09/21/22 08:37
Re: SF bay area warm springs sub??
Author: Bnatsf27

GoldenState Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mission Bay is no longer in Daylight on the
> return. I'm between MP 0.5 and the hills and they
> went by on the return about 20 minutes ago. I
> heard that they entered the sub from the south and
> left to the north, but dont know for sure.
> The north end seems to have the most action with
> the daily roundtrip of the MOAOA, mornings in,
> with noonish return. 
> There is a local that will do the shimmy at Niles
> Jct to go up the Oak sub to Union City most late
> afternoons, return after dark.
> An Auto train to Milpitas, AGBMI at some point,
> but has another symbol now. Mid to late
> afternoon.
> Occasional auto repos delivering Bi-levels to
> Milpitas for Teslas to leave on the AMICH which is
> now in early AM dark.
>
> Sorry I can't be more specific, hopefully others
> can provide better info!
>
> A scanner is key, as it is all TWC. 
>
> Rob in Fremont  

- local to Union City works Sundays and Wednesdays after 3pm. 
-MOAOA goes south between 4:30am to 7am and heads back to oakland around noon time (on most days but not all)
- depending on the day I see a auto repo train around 3-5pm and is sometimes followed by a mixed frieght train MOAOA ?
- The AMICH I sometimes see leave at 6am if the MOAOA is not running at that time
- Also I see a few double stack trains at the diamonds early mornings at 6am and after 12pm
The line is very unpredictable especially with PSR. I've lived in South Hayward ( on Union City border for the last 2 years) and nothing runs on a schedule except the locals. I hear and see all of this on the way to work in the morning or on my walks in the afternoon. If I was you I would hang out around the diamond at Niles junction to catch all the action and you have downtown Niles that has a small store and some places to grab a bite to eat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds