Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > on the road again . . .

Date: 09/23/22 18:10
on the road again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   today started out with a swing and a miss with KCS job JB11 that comes west out of Jackson to Vicksburg with interchange for Vicksburg Southern, but, like last two visits, they had come and gone by dawn. Used to be almost a guaranteed nice eastbound catch in good morning sun. Heard a westbound with a large cloud bank to the east providing only cloud pork number two in six days coming into Vicksburg. Decided to make a run to Jackson as the sun was breaking up the front. On arrival, generally always go to a road crossing in South Jackson where there is a controlled crossover on the former IC to check signals. This morning a southbound was lined so found and spot and only minutes later the southbound appreared. Then went to check out the old IC yard in downtown Jackson with a train shoving into the yard. An unfortunate note about Jackson, MS. STATE CAPITAL and center of government for the state! The roads are so bad that I would almost prefer a drive to Canyon Diablo bridge in AZ. For those of you who have made the drive you can identify. If I wore false teeth I would take them out and put them in a container or they would end up in your lap! What an unfortunate state of affairs for the state capital!
.   .   .   only six to go   .   .   .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/22 18:25 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 09/23/22 18:10
Re: on the road again . . .

.   .   .   an eastbound waiting to depart High Oak yard in Pearl, just outside Jackson and a westbound approaching the yard. As soon as the this westbound cleared CP Switch Tender, downtown, a CN to KCS transfer approached the west end of High Oak yard. This function used to be handled by KCS. Not sure if this alternates each year as on some railroads or something else changed.
.   .   .   only three more   .   .   .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/22 18:17 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 09/23/22 18:11

.   .   .   decided to drive back to Vicksburg to catch the 4616 coming out of the tunnel under the main highway and crossed the river to Bovay, LA, to see if there might be something there in the siding waiting getting a final shot just west of Bovay. Then returned to Vicksburg and followed the Vicksburg Southern north finding the job tied down a few miles north of the yard in Vicksburg in a nice oper spot. This will be it for a few days until my return trip home.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/22 18:24 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 09/23/22 19:29
Author: SCKP187

Nice coverage throughout the trip JB. A lot of really nice catches over the days
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/22 22:15
Author: stevelv

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice coverage throughout the trip JB. A lot of
> really nice catches over the days
> Brian Stevens

Great trip so far Joe.  Thanks for the daily dose of nice photos.

Date: 09/24/22 12:01
Author: Ritzville

Very enjoyable series!!

Larry

Date: 09/24/22 12:07
Author: goneon66

i caught the road's of jackson comparison to canyon diablo.

great images..........

Date: 09/25/22 15:29
Author: texchief1

Very nice shots, JB!

RC Lundgren

Date: 09/25/22 17:23
Author: ns1000

Great pics!! 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds