Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF movement report from last weekend

Date: 09/28/22 21:31
BNSF movement report from last weekend
Author: oyw

The first weekend of fall produced some great weather here in Southern California plus several nice trains to go along with it. Saturday morning found me photographing only two trains, both could have been chasers but I opted to follow the second.

1) Train one was a pair of NS GE’s 4488 and 7645 westbound at Cajon.

2) A roster shot of 4488. The first of many roster shots in this post.

The NS was nice but, as the saying goes, there were bigger fish to fry in the form of BNSF 4700E sporting Warbonnet colors. Trailing, were a pair of Heritage I GE’s 968 and 1111 and one more orange.

3) The Swarthout Road crossing at Blue Cut was my first stop for this “retro” early BNSF consist. That train behind paralleled him all the way to Summit, luckily never overtaking him.

Date: 09/28/22 21:33
Re: BNSF movement report from last weekend

4/5/6) A three shot sequence at Martinez, which is just east of Summit. Starting with a telephoto, then a wider angle and finishing with a roster.

Date: 09/28/22 21:36

On Sunday I shot a few more trains, but once again allowed myself to get trapped into chasing another westbound with solid NS power. It was earlier than the day before and the sun was not up yet when NS 1815 reached Cajon.

7) After a blah shot down at Verdemont, I headed for Highgrove (near Riverside) hoping for better.

8) Just as I got there, a nice surprise was BNSF SD70Ace 9117 leading a westbound baretable.

9) The roster.

Date: 09/28/22 21:39

10) Changing gears for a minute, cabcar 640 guides Metrolink train #859 toward its Oceanside terminus.

11) Finally at 9:34AM, the 1815 showed up. I’m not a fan of trains in the background but it seemed to be my theme of the day.

12) Roster shot of the “DC to AC” SD70ACC.

At the end of the day, my decision making was less than perfect but I did come away with some fairly acceptable results. As always, I appreciate you looking.

OYW

Date: 09/28/22 22:35
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

Yes saw the NS westbound on the VR Cam and was hoping someone could film it. Love all the H1 Dash-9's too.

Adam

Date: 09/29/22 08:12
Author: bobk

Great stuff!

Date: 09/29/22 08:45
Author: PasadenaSub

Great group of photos, Bob.  Yes, last weekend's weather was nice for the beginning of fall.

Rich

Date: 09/29/22 09:26
Author: TomPlatten

I asked this question years ago but my old brain could not find the answer. Does the hosting railroad repair visiting locomotives?

Date: 09/29/22 14:15
Author: SP8595

Awesome! Pool is Cool:}

Date: 09/29/22 17:28
Author: SPgoletablock

Great choice on sticking with the 4700, those turned out awesome!!

Date: 09/29/22 19:14
Author: TheNavigator

Nice catches in our early "winter light;" 4700 was looking good!
GK 

Date: 09/30/22 11:41
Author: texchief1

Great shots!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 09/30/22 19:48
Author: ns1000

Nice shots!!  I REALLY like Pic 3!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds