Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Peter Huntsman on CNBC

Date: 11/23/22 11:32
Peter Huntsman on CNBC
Author: callum_out

Peter Huntsman, president of the American Chemical Council, announced that his member shippers will start cutting off shipments
in the next few days. Why you ask when the strike is 2 weeks away? Because it takes at least that to clear the rail shipments off the
rails! More of that breathtaking average car velocity. He mentioned that his top 30 CEOs had a meeting with the White House yesterday
to discuss the issue, hopoing that Biden could use his "bully pulpit" to get things done.

Out 

Date: 11/23/22 12:07
Re: Peter Huntsman on CNBC
Author: Pacific5th

I voted no but the majority of my Union voted yes. I fully support the rights of the other unions to strike and it disapoints me to hear stuff like this. These guys are using scare tactics to pressure the goverment into forcing the TA on these unions. The company is also hoping that will happen so they dont actually have negotiate with the unions any further. 

Date: 11/23/22 15:41
Author: memphisfreight

The president is kind of between a rock and a hard place.  What other choice does he have but to bully pulpit the evil, greedy, capitalist carriers, thing is, he's already indicated the draft solution was great and should have been signed.   

Date: 11/23/22 15:55
Author: radar

The President has to balance his desire to help the unions and the fact that he needs to take every advantage for keeping the economy headed in the right direction.  It seems to me that a prolonged strike could make inflation worse down the road.  If that is so, he is unlikely to take any risks.

Date: 11/24/22 09:43
Author: BobE

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Peter Huntsman, president of the American Chemical
> Council

If you hob-nob with the suits at the upper echelons any, you'll find that the biggest complainers about railroads are (in particular order) chemical companies, ag shippers and utilities.  The companies most dependedent on rail?  Chemical companies, ag shippers and utilities.

BobE

Date: 11/24/22 10:33
Author: ORNHOO

BobE Wrote:
  The companies most dependedent on
> rail?  Chemical companies, ag shippers and
> utilities.
>
> BobE
Then there is this other "commodity": https://jalopnik.com/railroad-strike-could-fill-nyc-with-sewage-1849816620
that gets shipped by rail.

Date: 11/24/22 10:36
Author: dan

can biden do more executive stay orders?

Date: 11/24/22 11:30
Author: ns1000

BobE Wrote:
-------------------------------------
>
>
> If you hob-nob with the suits at the upper
> echelons any, you'll find that the biggest
> complainers about railroads are (in particular
> order) chemical companies, ag shippers and
> utilities.  The companies most dependedent on
> rail?  Chemical companies, ag shippers and
> utilities.
>
> BobE

Not quite. There have been MANY toes that have been walked on (more like stomped on) in recent years....

Posted from Android

Date: 11/24/22 12:06
Author: callum_out

For the chemical people, not much new. My fave is still O'Sullivan Plastics in Wabiska NV who the SP
routinely took 6 weeks from the Gulf to Nevada for the inbound pellet loads.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds