Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Now and Then

Date: 11/30/22 11:07
Now and Then
Author: MacBeau

Back in April this year, the ex-ATSF 106 was part of a matched trio switching local industries between Riverside and Highgrove on the San Bernardino Sub. On a June day 1990, Richard Egen caught the 106 fresh from the builder lifting an eastbound around Tehachapi.
Be of good cheer,
—Mac
www.lowellamrine.com

Date: 11/30/22 11:13
Re: Now and Then
Author: Ritzville

NICE, as much as I like the today's 106, I'll take it with Warbonnet colors.

Larry

Date: 11/30/22 11:28
Author: mococomike

When you could camp and spend the day at the loop trackside.

Date: 11/30/22 13:09
Author: PHall

mococomike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you could camp and spend the day at the loop
> trackside.

But then a some idiots who could not clean up after themselves ruined it for everyone else.

Date: 11/30/22 13:14
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice comparison.  I think that trio may still be intact on the San Jac local - I recall seeing the 120 a couple weeks ago along the 215 near March ARB.

Rich

Date: 11/30/22 13:31
Author: AndyBrown

It's no warbonnet but they actually don't look too bad in the swoosh scheme.  I'd shoot 'em!

Andy

Date: 11/30/22 21:42
Author: GN599

I've always liked these guys no matter what scheme. Warbonnet being the first choice naturally! One nice thing about the units the have that been "swooshed" is the fact that they ditched the desktop control stand👍 The classic style control stand make them way better to run. At least that's what I experienced when I had the 136 a couple months ago. I suspect the others have received the same treatment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0581 seconds