Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP Rail (former Milwaukee Road) crew district,

Date: 12/01/22 14:03
CP Rail (former Milwaukee Road) crew district,
Author: RodneyZona

Does the CP Rail freight train and engine crews based out of both St. Paul, MN and Portage, WI? Does the Portage, WI based freight train and engine crews worked to and from Chicago.

Date: 12/01/22 14:26
Re: CP Rail (former Milwaukee Road) crew district,
Author: mapboy

My info is getting outdated, but I have crew changes as Bensenville Yard in Chicago, Portage, St. Paul, Glenwood, Enderlin, Portal.  Also Thief River Falls on the line to Winnipeg.  Anyone know if that has changed?

mapboy 

Date: 12/01/22 15:58
Author: Quakerengr

Yes, this is what we call a "Double Ended" type pool.  Before the run through,  Portage, Wi crews  on freights would change at La Crosse, Wi.,  where a St Paul crew would then take La Crosse to St Paul.  Today,  It is possible that a Portage based conductor will work with a St Paul based engineer and vice versa depending on how the rotation goes.  Of course  crews from each home terminal can work together,  again, depends on the pool rotation..

PWM

Looking in at MP 269.5 on the  former CP Heavy Haul Division.

Date: 12/01/22 17:31
Author: Soo715

My understanding is that only trains going to/from Noyes/Winnipeg change crews at Glenwood. On the Portal line trains run thorugh from St. Paul to Enderlin with one crew.

mapboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My info is getting outdated, but I have crew
> changes as Bensenville Yard in Chicago, Portage,
> St. Paul, Glenwood, Enderlin, Portal.  Also Thief
> River Falls on the line to Winnipeg.  Anyone know
> if that has changed?
>
> mapboy 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds