Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP derailment 'Rescue' train, Tehachapi Ca.1/21/23.

Date: 01/22/23 18:07
UP derailment 'Rescue' train, Tehachapi Ca.1/21/23.
Author: SPgoletablock

After the very unfortunate circumstances that occured Saturday morning UP went about their business to clear up the ROW. Mid morning Saturday I saw the Eastbound UP headend power of the derailed train at Tehachapi summit with about 15 cars in tow heading toward West Colton. Later that morning got wind that UP was running 3 light engines from Bako to tie into the rear DP's and remaining tailend cars that were still on the rails and bring them back down the pass to Bakersfield. Knowing this was the only game in town I set off for a hike to catch the train between Rowen and Tunnel #8. The last car on this WB move was a stack car that had some drawbar damage so the movement had a 15 mph speed restriction.

Date: 01/22/23 19:59
Re: UP derailment 'Rescue' train, Tehachapi Ca.1/21/23.
Author: callum_out

Drawbar damage? It was missing. Considering that the cars it was connected to were at 90 degrees to the track
and hanging over the edge of a steep enbankment that might explain why. 

Out 

Date: 01/22/23 20:43
Author: oyw

Quite a hike, amazing result!

Date: 01/22/23 20:53
Author: SPgoletablock

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drawbar damage? It was missing. Considering that
> the cars it was connected to were at 90 degrees to
> the track
> and hanging over the edge of a steep enbankment
> that might explain why. 
>
> Out 
That’s all you got? You were so wrong on your original post that it was a West Colton to Roseville train. Get off the cameras and chats and go see it yourself. Lame

Date: 01/22/23 20:58
Author: callum_out

I misspoke on the symbol, typing error as I knew the train was EB.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds