Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Quick Indio

Date: 02/27/23 21:08
Quick Indio
Author: cchan006

I was near Indio on President's Day (a Monday holiday), so I wandered over to the UP tracks to try my luck. From past visits, I hoped to run into the local out of Indio ("53 job") and despite the holiday, I caught it working.

I kept my scanner on, and kept an eye on the signals. While the "53" worked out of Main 1, I noticed Main 2 got lit, so I anticipated an eastbound since it was red, facing east. I felt I didn't need to walk over to look at the actual signal indication because...

"UP Detector Milepost 608.5, Track 2..."

A quick, short, eastbound Z train showed up with 5 GE's elephant style. Sounded like most (if not all) were online. I've had my luck with EMD leaders on the Sunset Route so the 5 GEs "balanced out" my Karma, maybe so I can get some more later? :-)

Not too long after that, 2 GEs running light zoomed by, with a slightly belated "highball the foamer."

How's that for anti-PSR trains, adding more examples to my recent report of ZLCTM in the Central Valley. I dedicate these fast-running, properly-powered trains to Jim Vena (sarcastically, and in a family-friendly way).

- "53 local" at Indio.
- 2 short, quick trains.

That's it for the quick report.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/27/23 22:08
Re: Quick Indio
Author: Ritzville

Cool videos of FAST moving trainsL

Larry

Date: 02/27/23 22:51
Author: oyw

Thumbs up!

Date: 02/27/23 23:15
Author: mojaveflyer

Great timing and nice catches!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 02/28/23 13:01
Author: bobk

Nice shot and video!

Date: 02/28/23 14:32
Author: pedrop

They are in a hurry!

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.6088 seconds