Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Serendipitous sighting UP 1996 Roseville

Date: 03/04/23 08:37
Serendipitous sighting UP 1996 Roseville
Author: pbouzide

Hanging around Roseville depot and Old Town Friday from 10:30AM to 5PM. Not much moving most of the day, really just two EB manifests heading up the hill, one a  3x2x0 with all-KCS DPU (didn't count the cars but it was long with lots of empties), and the other a 4x3x0 135 cars and many more loads. Did Uncle Pete learn a lesson about sufficient power in heavy Sierra snow after last week? Nothing inbound off the Maryville line which I almost always see when I hang around here.

Anyway plenty of the usual light engines shuffle from the servicing area to the yard or vice versa. I was walking the platform when the last one 5 unit set rolled by as I was about to head out, and lo and behold second out (or fourth out depending) was the 1996, which HU said was in Lathrop the evening before off the ZG2LT.

So I got a couple grab shots of the 1996, then gave chase, figuring it heading for servicing.

1. Grab shot from the platform.
2. Another grab.
3. Backing into the servicing tracks (apologies for the vehicular traffic whizzing by).

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds