Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP around Ft. Worth using Texrail as transportation

Date: 03/23/23 16:13
UP around Ft. Worth using Texrail as transportation
Author: HomerBedloe

A little more Texrail-fanning; this time some UP action along the Texrail route.  These videos were taken over a couple of days.

1st scene, on an EB Texrail going over Peach Yard, there was a SB UP manifest on the Choctaw Sub waiting to pass through Tower 55.  Second view is of the same train on a WB Texrail about 30 minutes later; as you can see, no movement on the SB!

2nd scene, on a WB Texrail near the north end of Peach Yard, or the south end of the Trinity River Bridges.  UP power is building a NB Duncan Sub train out of Peach Yard.  By the time my train got into Ft. Worth and then left again, the UP train had been built and was recorded leaving Peach Yard via the Duncan Sub.

3rd scene, on a WB Texrail approaching Tower 60 in North Ft. Worth.  This is one of a couple of meet pass sidings on the Texrail route, and the WB train usually stops to let the EB go by.  While we were coming to a stop, a short UP NB manifest was leaving Peach Yard on the Duncan Sub.  Shortly after that train went by, the EB Texrail passed by.

4th scene, at the T&P Station in Ft. Worth, which is currently the western terminus for Texrail.  As we were pulling into the station WB, I saw a headlight east of Tower 55 on the Dallas Sub.  I got off the train (I had exactly 13 minutes until it left again as an EB) and videoed this WB UP Z train.  I've sped up the video so the entire train can be viewed; by the time the train was by, I had about 1 minute before the Texrail train left the station.  Nice timing for the UP, although there was a bit of anxiety about getting the whole UP train and not missing my ride. 

Thanks for following along!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/23 17:44
Re: UP around Ft. Worth using Texrail as transportation
Author: MEKoch

Speeding up the last train to 70 mph or so................!

Date: 03/23/23 21:05
Author: ABB

When I was in Ft. Worth in 2019 I made a round trip on Texrail. It was a great way to see alot of freight activity. I enjoy your videos.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/24/23 10:00
Author: tomstp

Fun to see this video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds