Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 3 from Pueblo Co this morning

Date: 05/24/23 15:01
3 from Pueblo Co this morning
Author: ns2557

Lots of fog in Pueblo this morning. Made for gray skies. Some of it tho, is smoke from fires in Western Canada drifting down this way. Been like this here for about a week now. Supposed to clear out today after some afternoon storms roll thru. We shall see.

But despite the weather, I had received a heads up on this train with an odd unit in consist.  The train is the daily SB UP M NYPU1-24. UP 8035 with 5 other units. One in rather fresh paint, that being the 3rd back, UP 5453. But the prize, if ya want to call it that is the trailing unit.

Which was CSX ET23DCM 1715. Reblt from an SD40-2 with GE Parts it is making its way south for testing on La Veta Pass, west of Walsenburg on the new Colorado and Pacific over into the San Luis Valley of South Central Colorado. . Lots of colors from Gray to tan to pink to yellow to blue on this one. (Kinda reminds me of that KCS Bi Centennial Unit from years ago. Seen here passing the Pueblo Rail Museum just west of the station in Pueblo around 0715 am or so.

And what day would not be complete without seeing Rock & Rail here in Pueblo. The RRRR Local was at the west end of the interchange yard with the UP to he right and BNSF off behind the power this morning.

Turned out to be an ok day overall.  Thanks for looking, be well, Ben

Date: 05/24/23 18:21
Re: 3 from Pueblo Co this morning
Author: callum_out

Be real curious what that 6L250 motored unit sounds like! Thanks for the post, alwayts nice to see something
new and different as the SD40 fans throw up in the corner. 

Out 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/23 18:23 by callum_out.

Date: 05/24/23 21:04
Author: FECgp40

I'd be one of those fans throwing up. Like putting a Ford engine in a Chevy. Gag me.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/24/23 21:06
Author: MP555

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be real curious what that 6L250 motored unit
> sounds like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD8mmh22cik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Go9Q4MPGs&t=63s

Date: 05/25/23 09:03
Author: callum_out

Thanks for the heads up on the videos. Interesting that the videos call it a T4 unit because the L250 series to my knowledge hasn't
be released beyond T3.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds