Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stopped Short

Date: 05/25/23 09:41
Stopped Short
Author: MacBeau

While in Beaumont yesterday afternoon testing a new external microphone, this 70 car westbound arrived, but then came to a stop. The third unit, ex-SP 7662, a GP40-2 built in March 1980 and now numbered 1413 was smoking from the rear truck rather profusely. They were still there, blocking two crossings and being talked to by the local police, when the desire for an In-N-Out overtook my curiosity about how it would all turn out. The microphone obviously needs a lot more foam around it.
Be of good cheer,
—Mac
www.lowellamrine.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/23 14:54 by MacBeau.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/25/23 10:56
Re: Stopped Short
Author: Ritzville

Nice catch of a railroad problem and video. I here you on In and Out. Went there many times while living in California.

Larry

Date: 05/25/23 17:00
Author: TheNavigator

Mmmmmmm, In-N-Out!  Missed them when I lived back east a few years ago.  Interesting vid, too.
GK

Date: 05/25/23 18:25
Author: RayH

TheNavigator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mmmmmmm, In-N-Out!  Missed them when I lived back
> east a few years ago.  Interesting vid, too.
> GK

After we moved back east, I made sure to hit In-N-Out on every visit west.

Now back in AZ, the closest In-N-Out is currently down near PHX, BUT a new one is under construction in Flagstaff (should open around year end).

Date: 05/26/23 08:33
Author: pbouzide

Interesting that the Geep showed no signs of smoking as it rolled by in the video, but there was a lot of it in the still image. Must have brewed up suddenly, so that the crew was made aware to stop the train so quickly.

I've lived in California for 6 1/2 years now, and had tried In-N-Out a few times prior to moving there on visits and I still don't understand the love for it at all.

Date: 05/27/23 14:23
Author: RailRat

Nice catch Mac!
And speaking of Mac, I think McDonalds has buy 1 Big Mac, get another for $1 sale started Monday,sale should last for a month.
Of course no guarantees depending on your location!?

But there's something special about IN n Out, I think we get hooked when we catch that unique aroma in the air coming from their store, then we just have to go there!

Plus the one in Beaumont is sometimes very quick if you walk in, depending on time of day your there, plus IN n Outs ALWAYS has plenty of workers and is a class act all the way around.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1166 seconds