Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some midwestern green from June.

Date: 09/12/03 10:34
Some midwestern green from June.
Author: St.Croix334

Here is another mystery photo for those so inclined. This was taken in June, not as long ago and not as far off the railfan beaten path as my last posting. There are getting to be so many re-re-marked FURX ex-BNSF SD40-2s running around on BNSF these days that I'm grudgingly gaining an appreciation for even a matched set of BNSFed green weenies. The high headlight is a bonus. Anyone care to try and name the location or the type of train?

Date: 09/12/03 10:41
Re: Some midwestern green from June.
Author: M-LAWGFD

Is it a Herzog train going through Cochrane? It seems very familiar!

-Benny Daniels

Date: 09/12/03 10:49
Author: St.Croix334

Darn Benny, 7 minutes! I guess I'll have to delve back into the obscure stuff next time. I figured the mill might through people off the trail. Have you gotten down to Cochrane this summer? As for the Herzog train, you picked right up on this one too. Do these take the Wayzata Sub out to a quarry somewhere? I thought they might load ballast somewhere around St.Cloud but I could be wrong.

Date: 09/13/03 00:08
Author: M-LAWGFD

Dean I havent been to Cochrane much this summer. I dont even have a shot at that location yet, as much as I try to go down the River I rarely end up with anything at all. Bad luck along the river this summer and very good luck on the Wayzata sub. The Herzog guy was probably going to Granite Falls and most likely the quary in St. Cloud. You need to post more shots that are far from the orange faded filth and the BN train on the Adams Line that you posted awhile back was a good turn-on to my eyes. Show us more!

-Benny Daniels

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds