Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Even more rare consist on ILCOA-18

Date: 10/18/03 18:29
Even more rare consist on ILCOA-18
Author: TopCat

Howdy,

If anyone is interested, today's ILCOA is scheduled to have a
all non-UP lashup. Call time at LATC is 18:30. Should be up the Coast Line in the early hours arriving at San Luis Obispo
around 06:10 Hours Sunday October 19th. Lineup is scheduled to
be:

CSXT 8452
CSXT 7822
GSCX 7371 (I believe this to be a GATX Leasing unit)

Happy Foaming. Hopefully this train runs as it shows now.

Top Cat

Date: 10/18/03 21:16
Re: Even more rare consist on ILCOA-18
Author: bradleymckay

Thanks TopCat. I will give chase...

AM

Date: 10/19/03 11:41
Any location updates for this train?
Author: tracktime

Hi Folks,

Can someone provide a update as to where this ILCOA-18 train is? Last I understand, it was in SLO, but is it still there? Thanks!

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 10/19/03 14:54
Re: Location of train(s)
Author: TopCat

Howdy,

The ILCOA-18 and MWCPD-18 are both tied down at SLO as of 14:55 hours today. If you want to get pictures, they are there.

Top Cat

Date: 10/19/03 16:26
Today's ILCOA-19 out of LA
Author: Steamjocky

Here is some info for today's ILCOA out of LA.

Don't be surprised if the ILCOA goes the Valley route via Bakersfield. I just looked at the line-up for San Luis Obispo-LA pool (Pool 25) and it shows the ILCOA7-19 with the UP5073 and the UP 9509 for power. However, I realize this info can change in a moments notice. I also noticed that there wasn't anybody in LA to take this train up the coast line to SLO.

AND, I have a friend who is a conductor on the Bakersfield-WColton/LA pool and he told me this morning (11:00AM), as he was tying-up in LA, that they (I'll never figure out who "they" are) were going to keep him in LA today, instead of deadheading him back to Bakersfield, because they were going to send the ILCOA7 via Bakersfield for some reason. Go figure.

steamjocky

Date: 10/20/03 10:16
Re: Today's ILCOA-19 out of LA
Author: samreeves

It's not out of reason for them to combine trains at SLO. They only run 20-30 cars each day.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds