Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BN 40xx units East

Date: 01/16/04 10:46
BN 40xx units East
Author: DaveD

I looked to see if somebody posted this already, but didn't see anything. The very poor attached photo is what I happen to see while doing something else near Mojave Wednesday... 13x 40xx series B units attached to an eastbound train on the Mojave. I assume they're future probably isn't too bright.

Dave
Los Angeles, CA

-Rail Radio Online-Home of the "TrainTenna" RR Monitoring Antenna-
http://eje.railfan.net/railradioonline
-------------------------------------------------
-The Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Photo Archive & E-Mail List-
http://eje.railfan.net

Date: 01/16/04 10:56
Re: BN 40xx units East
Author: jdco9520

Date: 01/16/04 13:49
Author: trainboy03

Actually, this is the second set of three that are headed to NRE in Silvis, IL. The first set of 13 was delivered to NRE on Thursday night, while this set of 13 should be delivered Sunday night. Look for the third set of 11 to come across tomorrow for delivery on Monday night. These are going east on H-BARGAL, then up to Barstow, IL on L-CHI823, then delivered to NRE by R-CHI429. Hope that clears some of it up!

Erik Rasmussen
Coal Valley, IL

Date: 01/16/04 15:31
Author: GTWFAN

Although I'm not the biggest GE fan, it is kinda sad to see a somewhat modern unit goto scrap, if that happens.

Date: 01/16/04 19:48
Author: OHRY

H-BARGAL9-16A Passed Pea Spring, AZ 1/16/04 at 2040 6 hr 10 min Late

Chris S.

Date: 01/16/04 21:46
Author: bnsfpix

"while doing something else near Mojave Wednesday"

That photo looks familiar. Gee Dave, what were you doing??? :) See any albino stealths? Shoot me an email when you get a chance!

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds