Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Mojave Sub Meltdown!

Date: 05/23/04 14:28
UP Mojave Sub Meltdown!
Author: tehloop

On the way to the Loop yesterday I saw several parked trains with and with out power in main line sidings, Wash, dead train, Denis, Dead train, Oban, full manifest no power, Fleta, manifest no power. Lots of southbound traffic, and a few northbounds. What I dont understand is how you can run other trains into Colton but not the dead ones in the Desert,I would think that those should come first.

Date: 05/23/04 16:21
Re: UP Mojave Sub Meltdown!
Author: karldotcom

I saw two yesterday that looked like MWCEU or MWCRV empties....lots of empty spine cars.

But you are right...most the Antelope Valley sidings are full of empty trains with no power....and they are leased cars...so they are paying $$$ for them to sit.

Date: 05/23/04 19:03
Author: AaronJ

tehloop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the way to the Loop yesterday I saw several
> parked trains with and with out power in main line
> sidings, Wash, dead train, Denis, Dead train,
> Oban, full manifest no power, Fleta, manifest no
> power. Lots of southbound traffic, and a few
> northbounds. What I dont understand is how you can
> run other trains into Colton but not the dead ones
> in the Desert,I would think that those should come
> first.

Actually this should be more important to the BNSF than the UP as Tehachapi has not played as big a role for the UP-SP since the merger. However, the BNSF can't afford for trains to be parked along this route as it would pretty much kill their ability to get into central/northern CA.

AaronJ

Date: 05/23/04 22:57
Author: parts545

Why not park trains at Mojave Yard, Lone Pine and the Cerls (spelling) branches?

Date: 05/24/04 08:37
Author: karldotcom

Mojave Yard was stuffed too....full of cement cars....and Bakersfield has a ton of refrigerations cars....(strings stretching from Magunden to the station)

Date: 05/24/04 20:59
Re: No more MWCEU's Karldotkom
Author: crewcaller

Just to correct something "KarlDotcom" mentioned. The last MWCEU ran out Colton on the 17th, the train was replaced by a new symbol of MWCCO. One big problem is underpowered trains or trains that loose a unit. If train stalls on the hill there is a ripple effect and the railroads will loose crews and trains. I have heard that the siding at slover may also be not available to use anymore.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds